multi room function is sonos only viable option?

Debs_2911

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a denon CEOL system currently and want the music to be played in other rooms Than where my speakets are.

The system has airplay. I currently play most of my music from ipod or internet radio Through my denon system.

Is sonos the best way to make my system multi room or do I have options. Am wanting 2 other

Rooms toplay music and maybe different music from time to time.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Do the other rooms have any kind of music playback equipment? If not, what are you looking to put in there i.e. would a Sonos Play:1, Play:3 or Play:5 fit the bill, or would you want dedicated separate systems?

There are other options, but playing different music I think is one of the key differentiators for the Sonos system (correct me if I'm wrong guys). Certainly I don't think you can do that with Airplay (at least you never could when I used to use it a few years back).

John Duncan

In terms of simplicity, flexibility and the fact the it just *works*, it's very difficult to see past Sonos tbh. Other systems are available but you have to faff to have different music in different rooms I think (or spend more money for less functionality).

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sonos builds its own wireless mesh, while most (all?) others use the existing wifi-network. When using multiple zones, the non-Sonos options can substantially decrease your wifi bandwith. I'm not sure it's the case for every other system, but definitely something to look into when considering alternatives.

TRENDING THREADS