Multi region blu ray player

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thinking of getting a multi region blu ray player that will play all region blu rays as well as DVDs, but I can only find this website online that is uk based

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=159

Can any one suggest a different website? Might buy a cheap one from the use and pay the import tax?

ta

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Nothing's wrong, it's just a little expensive.

From richersounds I can get the Sony s5200 for £100, £110 with DVD multi region, but at mrdvd for multi region blu ray it's £250. £150 more expensive. Just wondered about being able to get it cheaper

cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:

From richersounds I can get the Sony s5200 for £100, £110 with DVD multi region, but at mrdvd for multi region blu ray it's £250. £150 more expensive. Just wondered about being able to get it cheaper

cheers

If you phone up and say its much cheaper at another shop, they do knock money off. Worth a try.

rocketrazor said:

cheers

To make a player multiregion for DVDs, all they need to do is enter a software code. But to make the player multizone for blu rays, it needs a hardware modification and so will be significantly more expensive. Given the price difference, you have to question the need for it. Most blu rays are region free in any case, or are available in zone B format.

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:

cheers

Yep, tell them how much cheaper they are elsewhere and they should be able to do something.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll have to give it some thought.

my main reason is that the WWE blurays are cheaper from the US sometimes by £10 -£15 and there not compatible with my PS3 :cry:

cheers for the info though guys

wolf7howl

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a multi region 6200 from Richer Sounds. It was only priced £10 more than the local region item, so they didn't bother with the premium. It pays to build up a relationship with the dealers - not just in terms of money, the advice and open discussion is worth the effort.

wolf7howl said:
I ordered a multi region 6200 from Richer Sounds. It was only priced £10 more than the local region item, so they didn't bother with the premium. It pays to build up a relationship with the dealers - not just in terms of money, the advice and open discussion is worth the effort.

As explained, multiregion for DVDs only costs £10 or so. Multiregion for blu rays is a lot more expensive as it requires a hardware mod. The players at Richer Sounds is multiregion for DVDs only.

dope

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
www.dvdchips.co.uk are now offering a modification service to add Blu-ray and DVD Multi-region to your existing BD player.

You have to send the player to them and pay £100 for the upgrade but that includes return carriage.

It may work out cheaper to buy the player from Richer Sounds or elsewhere and have it modded by DVD chips rather than buy from www.mrmdvd.com depending on the model.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts