Multi Region Blu Ray Player Recommendations Please

maccalennon

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am looking for a high-ish end multi-region blu-ray player. Looking to spend £400-700 but player also needs to be musical for playing CDS. The MArantz UD7007 sounds perfect but is not multi region (although it seems that some outlets do offer this upgrade but none have it in stock).

So in summary looking for a player that will play all regions dvd and blue ray and be great with CDs too.

You help is appreciated

thanks

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi maccalennon :wave:

Take a look at the Oppo 103, many on this forum use it both for playing films as well as their cd's, a quick search online shows this can be brought within you budget and with multi region playback for both dvd's and blu-ray's.

Hope this helps.

:bounce:

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Sadly the choice is somewhat small as most BDP's are now very low in cost. Very few are available over £170 today even mult region ones are under £150. The Arcam FMJ 300 is quite a machine (can be supplied to spin multi region dvd's) or the Denon 3313.

maccalennon said:
Thanks for your input chaps. The reviews for the Oppo are that favourable so Im cautious. Any other suggestions greatfully received.

Where did you read the "not so favourable"review?

Oppo enjoys a legendary status amongst videophile community.

Check this review:

http://www.avforums.com/review/oppo-bdp-95eu-universal-3d-blu-ray-player-review.184

Most reviews have given it a reference status. Oppo 103 has won EISA award for best blu ray player this year as well.

http://www.eisa.eu/award/16/european-ht-universal-player-2013-2014.html

michael hoy

bigboss said:
maccalennon said:
Thanks for your input chaps. The reviews for the Oppo are that favourable so Im cautious. Any other suggestions greatfully received.

Where did you read the "not so favourable"review?

Oppo enjoys a legendary status amongst videophile community.

Check this review:

http://www.avforums.com/review/oppo-bdp-95eu-universal-3d-blu-ray-player-review.184

Most reviews have given it a reference status. Oppo 103 has won EISA award for best blu ray player this year as well.

http://www.eisa.eu/award/16/european-ht-universal-player-2013-2014.html

Thanks BB, was going to post a review myself.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I owned the Denon 1713ud bluray player and the 2500BT before that

I've just recently upgraded to the Denon 3313ud and all I can say is that it's by far the best bluray player I've ever owned!!

Build quality is a solid 10/10 with one of the smoothest loading trays I've experienced. It's also one of the quietest players I've used, almost silent in operation.

Now for the PQ? What can I say? We often use the term "jaw hitting the floor" very loosely but in this case It's the true meaning of the word, AWESOME comes to mind, by far the best picture I've ever experienced even over the mighty 2500BT

I can't believe just how good it is, It's like experiencing bluray for the very first time, beautiful vibrant colours, fantastic contrast levels, detail to die for, almost 3D depth, Amazing!!!!!

Audio is a few more levels above that I've experienced, the noise floor going even lower to a depth I've again not experienced, incredibly accurate sound, detail is 2nd to none.

I would recommend anybody to try this player and at a price of around 500 quid you can get it for now (originally 900quid) It's a steal and would even be worth the original price of 900 quid!!!

Totall amazed !!!! :)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
That's great! Out of interest, why did you change your 1713UD?

The OP wants a multiregion player for blu rays as well. I don't think you can find a Denon with that.
Hi BB

Well I originally wanted the 3313UD but with getting a new amp aswell it went a little over my budget (as was much pricier then) as I set myself or should I say the other half does :cry: a budget for the year.

Although the 1713UD is no slouch, such a fine player especially for the price you can get it for now, I was always curious as to how good It's bigger brother was in comparison.

I'd read lots of online reviews and on other forums about how top notch it was (can't understand why Whathifi hasn't reviewed it :?) and inc Oppo users who said it even bettered those.

So when the price dropped to 500 quid I got tempted so decided to do a home demo first before buying and now I'm so damn pleased I did :bounce:

And yes you can get it mutiregion, now I can't remember the site that sells it as multiregion so if the OP wants to browse I'm sure he'll come across it.

I can't rate this player high enough, It's also the fastest loading time I've come across almost as fast as a standard DVD player :)

http://www.avforums.com/review/denon-dbt-3313-universal-blu-ray-player-review.559

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox said:
bigboss said:
That's great! Out of interest, why did you change your 1713UD?

The OP wants a multiregion player for blu rays as well. I don't think you can find a Denon with that.
Hi BB

Well I originally wanted the 3313UD but with getting a new amp aswell it went a little over my budget (as was much pricier then) as I set myself or should I say the other half does :cry: a budget for the year.

Although the 1713UD is no slouch, such a fine player especially for the price you can get it for now, I was always curious as to how good It's bigger brother was in comparison.

I'd read lots of online reviews and on other forums about how top notch it was (can't understand why Whathifi hasn't reviewed it :?) and inc Oppo users who said it even bettered those.

So when the price dropped to 500 quid I got tempted so decided to do a home demo first before buying and now I'm so damn pleased I did :bounce:

And yes you can get it mutiregion, now I can't remember the site that sells it as multiregion so if the OP wants to browse I'm sure he'll come across it.

I can't rate this player high enough, It's also the fastest loading time I've come across almost as fast as a standard DVD player :)

http://www.avforums.com/review/denon-dbt-3313-universal-blu-ray-player-review.559

Looks like a doozy! :)

standardman

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Apologies for hijacking the thread but I have a similair question. I'm after a sub £200 multi region bluray player for use with Criterion discs and I'm surprised by how hard that is.

I've found this http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=159 but don't know if that site is trust worthy at all. Can anyone help with suggestions please?

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
A Panasonic BDT 500 MR from Richer Sounds will play any DVD but for a Multi region Blu Ray for fair money I would use TPS who are based in Lancs....will send out product and can cover all of your bases.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Evening all :)

Don't know if they are still available, but I picked up a Toshiba blu-ray player from richer sounds for £60 which when loaded with the Australian firmware via usb opened up a special option in the setup menu to change the region code for both dvd and blu-ray discs.

I've not had any problems with any of the Criterion discs that I own or any other region A imports.

Apparently the reason why the firmware works is that the australian's don't believe in region coding.

Hope this helps.

:bounce:

standardman said:
Apologies for hijacking the thread but I have a similair question. I'm after a sub £200 multi region bluray player for use with Criterion discs and I'm surprised by how hard that is.

I've found this http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=159 but don't know if that site is trust worthy at all. Can anyone help with suggestions please?

mrmdvd is a trusted site. They have been operating for years.

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes they do. www.tps.uk.com I have used them recently and the service is excellent along with good pricing and product / guarantee.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts