Multi input budget amp??

KBB

Nov 18, 2020
Visit site
I need to replace a very old Sony amplifier. Looking at budget level, I have a new turntable to use (audio technics (LP60XUSB) (Christmas present) , along with an old Technics CD player, cassette player and minidisc player, probably around 30 or 40 years old.
The Sony amp had numerous analogue inputs which worked well, but I am struggling to find a newer amp with multiple analogue inputs. I’m not fussy and am not looking for a perfect system, but would like to utilise the old gear. Combo units are okay, with cd and amp / and/or tuner combined, but am not up to date with modern stuff which seems to have numerous digital inputs.
All ideas welcome, thanks.

KBB

Nov 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi. I’m currently looking at the Denon PMA600NE and the Cambridge AXA35. I have discounted many others because of the digital inputs, but these two seem to fit the bill.
I have been looking at the What HiFi web site and magazines. I used to subscribe to the magazine many years ago, but much has changed between then and now. Also Richer Sounds, and other comparison sites and retailers as I’m not necessarily looking for cutting edge equipment.
Thanks for the help.

Hi. I’m currently looking at the Denon PMA600NE and the Cambridge AXA35. I have discounted many others because of the digital inputs, but these two seem to fit the bill.
I have been looking at the What HiFi web site and magazines. I used to subscribe to the magazine many years ago, but much has changed between then and now. Also Richer Sounds, and other comparison sites and retailers as I’m not necessarily looking for cutting edge equipment.
Thanks for the help.
The Denon is a good amplifier, my brother has one.

iMark

For about the same price as the Denon PMA600NE you could get the Yamaha R-N602 network receiver. It's got the same number of inputs as the Denon but also has streaming capabilities. We bought one a couple of years ago and are really happy with it. It's a great analogue amp with loads of modern stuff in the same box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts