Multi-Disc CD Players

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Are any of these worth considering or are they more of a gimmick for people too lazy to change discs? I see Sony has a player that can store up to 300 discs and Pioneer has a 301 disc player. Are they even worth auditioning?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've reviewed some in the past, and I can't remember any particularly impressing - way too many compromises for the convenience. Think they're there now more for pubs/clubs etc than home use.

If the concept appeals, you'd be far better off ripping all your CDs in lossless/uncompressed format to a hard-disk drive and creating a digital jukebox.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Clare. Multi-disc cd spinners are surely all but obsolete with computer files nowadays, not even mentioning the lack of quality compared to a single cd deck

A

Anonymous

I disagree. It's worth giving them a listen in your system, and far easier to put cds in a tray rather than going down the ripping route. Oh, and if you decide to do that, then make sure you backup your files to DVD - hard disks can and do fail.

A

Anonymous

All is not lost.

I have two Sony 300 disc players and I have connected them to an outboard DAC and the sound is so much improved. Like listening to a different player.

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/main/main.html

You can turn your megachanger into a top flight player and have the joy of never having to get out of bed.

DAC's come in all shapes and prices, I liked the Beresford because it has two optical inputs so both players are directly connected, it's also a dedicated headphone amplifier and it gave me chance to see what they sound like compared to my integrated one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts