MT60-D - which of the current amplifiers would you recommend?

markstenton

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I am finally going to upgrade my Kenwood system bought in 1993! Yes I know I am a bit behind the times and that a mono dolby surround system (one of the first) is now old fashioned... I am planning to get the MT60-D speakers but would be grateful for your thoughts on which of the current crop of amplifiers I should audition

Thanks

Mark

markstenton said:
I am finally going to upgrade my Kenwood system bought in 1993! Yes I know I am a bit behind the times and that a mono dolby surround system (one of the first) is now old fashioned... I am planning to get the MT60-D speakers but would be grateful for your thoughts on which of the current crop of amplifiers I should audition

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

I feel that you should also look at Yamaha's recently discontinued Aventage 20 Series (RX-A1020, RX-A2020 and RX-A3020) particularly at the prices these amplifiers are generally available at now. Btw, in my experience B&W speakers also form an excellent tonal match with Yamaha AV amplification
smiley-smile.gif

Alternatively Anthem's MRX 300 and MRX 500 AV amplifers are also worth serious consideration.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Pioneer receivers will provide a tight, clean sound with the B&W's, although some may find the slightly forward presentation not to their liking. Having said that, its a good combo for those that like detail and immediacy. The Yamahas will be a little smoother and more listenable to many, and their soundfields still seem to be the most cohesive.

I'd look at the new Pioneer SCLX57 (or even the outgoing SCLX76 at under £1,000) and Yamaha RXA1030 if you want to get value for money out of your MT60 package.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts