MS Mezzo 6 or MA RS 6 ??

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi.

Actually, very much inclined towards RS6, but after WhatHi*Fi's glorious review of Mezzo 6, I'm back to square one. I got CA 640A & 640C V2, and indeed heard them with RS6, did sound excellent. Well, before taking the plunge, I thought I might as well demo Mezzo 6, but its difficult to demo here where I live.

So, has anyone heard Mezzo 6, and is it okay to partner with CA 640 combo, or will Mezzo 6 sing with 740A or 840A better ???

Finally, which is better Mezzo 6 or RS6 ??

Thanks for reading and please help.

A

Anonymous

Hi WHF team. May I know what amplifier you used in testing the Mezzo 6. cheers

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I recently demo'd the mezzo 6 with kandy amp and cdp. They are beautiful speakers in looks and sound. they have a really natural sounding mid range, and vocals sound absolutely superb. im getting mine next week.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
bretty:
I recently demo'd the mezzo 6 with kandy amp and cdp. They are beautiful speakers in looks and sound. they have a really natural sounding mid range, and vocals sound absolutely superb. im getting mine next week.

Surely with the full Cyrus shebang you could do with better speakers?

ÿ

Messiah

If you thought the sound with the RS6 was excellent then why not get them?? If you can't demo the Mezzo's then why take the chance if you already like the sound with the RS6. Just a thought....

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
i love the mezzo's, i think they punch well above their weight. i think to get speakers with better attributes i'd have to spend way over a grand.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
But you are looking to spend £4k on a CD and amp? And very capable ones too, WHF reports that even the 6se at £800 will partner with speakers up to £15k. Why then spend only £680 on speakers when you could go for some that would give you a cracking system rather than just a good one.

ÿ

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
bretty:

Excellent bretty. No wonder Whathifi liked them so much. Now back to questions,

1. Can 75wpc of 640A deliver the goods with Mezzo 6?
2. Are they huge when compared to RS6?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I would expect there to be an obvious synergy between Cambridge Audio equipment and the Mezzos.

I've not listened to the Mezzos but can vouch that there is a synergy between my CA amp and my RS6s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts