MQA is not lossless!

Marcus99M

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
I am just waiting for Spotify lossless and then I will quit Tidal and Roon. I have a MQA dac and from listening I think 44.1 and 48 kHz is worse than flac but 88.2 kHz and up is better than 44.1 kHz flac. Very very few songs of the few song which come in MQA are high res. I guess it's like Netflix 4k compared to uncompressed yeah compressed 4k still looks good but uncompressed is better. The video suprissed med I thought the base flac contained in the MQA would be lossless and then add more info at slopes to sound higher res with little extra data but even the base flac is worse.

Reactions: iMark
I think this has been aired already.

I be happy to see MQA die a quiet death, I must admit. Very sad too, as Bob Stuart was such a great audio designer.

Last edited:

petergabriel

Oct 30, 2019
www.petergabriel.dk
Yeah, I will stick with Deezer hifi, flac all the way, and they have officially stated that they will NOT move into MQA.
Also, they are among the highest paying per 1000 streamed songs to the artist, which is also worth taking into consideration. Apple Music is the highest paying, Spotify among the lowest.

Henri

Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, I will stick with Deezer hifi, flac all the way, ......Also, they are among the highest paying per 1000 streamed songs to the artist...

Very good point PG, one that is not much mentioned in reviews which tend to stick to 'perceived' sound quality/apps/functionality only. I strongly feel that this aspect needs to be given much more attention by the public (no breath holding here...). Good on Deezer.

Reactions: petergabriel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts