Mp3 AAC or ATRAC????????????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK what it is I've recently purchased a Playstation 3 & I'm very pleased with it indeed. But I cannot get my head around all the different music formats that you can use when transferring music from a CD to the Playstation 3 hard drive. What I'm wanting to know is what format is the best for sound quality when transferring music from a audio CD to the PS3 hard drive MP3 AAC or ATRAC.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
In our view AAC is better than MP3, although of course much depends on what bitrate you record at - the higher the better, but higher bitrate recordings will take up more space on the hard drive.

A

Anonymous

In that case I think I'll go with AAC. Space shouldn't really be an issue as I've just installed a 380 GB hard drive as I'm planning on storing my entire music collection on the ps3 HDD. Thanks for the info!

A

Anonymous

AAC is the technological successor to MP3 and so should sound better, but it will depend on the quality of the encoders in the PS3, so until someone has done a listening test it is hard to say but AAC is the best bet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts