Mozart: The New Complete Edition 225

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

steve_1979 said:
nopiano said:
steve_1979 said:
Thanks guys. :)
I only looked at your latest post because I was hoping you'd spotted it for £173 again!!

Ha! :D

I have the Amazon page saved to my favourites and check it most days just in case. I now wish that I'd bought about a dozen of them instead of two.

The lowest it's been so far was £300.

I take it you've not heard of camelcamelcamel :)

Google it, may save you some hassle

insider9 said:
steve_1979 said:
nopiano said:
steve_1979 said:
Thanks guys. :)
I only looked at your latest post because I was hoping you'd spotted it for £173 again!!

Ha! :D

I have the Amazon page saved to my favourites and check it most days just in case. I now wish that I'd bought about a dozen of them instead of two.

The lowest it's been so far was £300.

I take it you've not heard of camelcamelcamel :)

Google it, may save you some hassle
Funny you should mention that (not aimed at me, I know) but I've had it logged there since Steve first posted. I'm not holding my breath, though it's down to about £325 when I last looked.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The quality of the recordings in this boxset are really first class. So far, with just one exception, every single track has been a better quality recording than the one that I already own of the same piece. They're often much better recordings too. You can tell that whoever put this boxset together really cares about what they were do and they took their time selecting the best versions of each piece from the massive Phillips/Decca/Deutsche Grammophon catalogue available to them.

Even at the regular price of over £300 this this boxset is a huge bargain. There's no doubt that this is something that I'll be listening to regularly for the rest of my life. I'm so glad I bought it.
big_smile.png

steve_1979 said:
The quality of the recordings in this boxset are really first class. So far, with just one exception, every single track has been a better quality recording than the one that I already own of the same piece. They're often much better recordings too. You can tell that whoever put this boxset together really cares about what they were do and they took their time selecting the best versions of each piece from the massive Phillips/Decca/Deutsche Grammophon catalogue available to them.

Even at the regular price of over £300 this this boxset is a huge bargain. There's no doubt that this is something that I'll be listening to regularly for the rest of my life. I'm so glad I bought it.
Now you're rubbing it in! It is still around £325.

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
This looks very interesting. Mozart is my favourite compser too.
steve_1979 said:

Mozart is by far my favourite composer.

my favorite is vivaldi but mozart like rameau is the ones i like most their piano works, i wish some orchestra conductor someday produce all the works of Mozart with the best modern electronic as possible if possible all the chain in digital from microphone to format, with no more than 16 bit 44 khz. YES

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
bubobubo said:
my favorite is vivaldi but mozart like rameau is the ones i like most their piano works, i wish some orchestra conductor someday produce all the works of Mozart with the best modern electronic as possible if possible all the chain in digital from microphone to format, with no more than 16 bit 44 khz. YES

While the recording quality is obviously very important for me it's the performance that really matters most. There are some older recordings which technically don't have as good sound quality as their modern counterparts but they're still better because the performers on the day were more talented or were playing more skillfully and it's the feeling and emotion that they bring to the music that gives classical its magic.

Otto Klemperer's version of The Magic Flute is one such example. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Flute-Mozart/dp/B00004VVZN

Carlos Kleiber's version of Beethoven's 5th is another good example. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beethoven-Symphonies-Nos-5-7/dp/B000001GPX

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts