Moving from satellites to floorstanders.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not sure what to do here. Currently I have the Jamo A102HCS5 satellite + sub setup, with an Onkyo 507 in the lounge for movies. I think I want to move from a satellite setup, perhaps slowly, or even stopping half way if i like the sound, but I'd like some advice first.

I'm going to put my monolith in this room, and obviously just with the satellites this would sound rubbish, amongst other things there would be a huge gap at the sub crossover frequency. I want to fill this gap by maybe adding some floorstanders as the front L/R channels. I've seen a pair of Jamo S606 and they sounded good for the money.

Are there any big issues with using these larger speakers for front channels, and the satellites for the rears until I upgrade those?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
no.only thing you must know is if you like the s606 sound.once heard the s506 and they seemed very slow paced..

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
genfish:
Hi,

I'm not sure what to do here. Currently I have the Jamo A102HCS5 satellite + sub setup, with an Onkyo 507 in the lounge for movies. I think I want to move from a satellite setup, perhaps slowly, or even stopping half way if i like the sound, but I'd like some advice first.

I'm going to put my monolith in this room, and obviously just with the satellites this would sound rubbish, amongst other things there would be a huge gap at the sub crossover frequency. I want to fill this gap by maybe adding some floorstanders as the front L/R channels. I've seen a pair of Jamo S606 and they sounded good for the money.

Are there any big issues with using these larger speakers for front channels, and the satellites for the rears until I upgrade those?

I started off with the Jamos - cracking value and they sound great for their size and price. I then bought RS6 floorstanders and the matching centre. I lived with the Jamo sub for a while and used 2 of the Jamo sats as rears. All sounded good and then I got the RSW12 sub and Radius 90s as rears. Wow! Different world.

A

Anonymous

Good to know I wouldnt be doing anything stupid. Wasn't sure if it would sound rubbish because the frequency response would start pretty high at the back because of the satellites.

I never heard the 606's with music, which is my main concern with those. This setup would be mostly movies, but perhaps a little music when i have friends round so I might keep looking for some other floor standers. Anyone have any suggestions for a pair that might match my amp (the onkyo) ?

A

Anonymous

How about some B&W 684's? I'm sure I can convince the mrs that they are required for work or something... lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts