Moving from Bose to Sonos

rojer386

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Good evening ladies/gents.

I didn't see a new member section so "Hi".

I currently use Bose products in my house but feel the need to upgrade to Sonos. I have two Bose Sounddocks (series 1) and a Bose 321 Sytem which is connected to my TV. I will be selling the 3 items to help fund my Sonos purchase.

I feel that the Play3 + bridge is what I will buy and maybe the sound bar too. Does anyone know if the soundbar can be connected via the bridge to make it a wifi playable device like the Play3 speakers?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

This is the section you were looking for:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/welcome-to-new-members

But not to worry, you have posted in the appropriate section.

To answer your question, yes, Sonos Playbar is also connected wirelessly to the Sonos network via the same bridge. :cheers:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, all Sonos devices work in the same way, one device (any device) must be wired to your home network, if that's a bridge then all other Sonos devices will work through that.

John Duncan

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

First of all, good call - I can't recommend Sonos highly enough. Secondly, yes - the PlayBar will act as a Sonos 'zone'. Note though that its AV connection options are strangely limited; what are you proposing to connect to it?

rojer386

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies and the warm welcome.

I would be using it to connect to my sky tv, I'm guessing that is an option?

John Duncan

It is, yes. If that's the only source (and there's nothing else) then take HDMI to TV and optical out to PlayBar. If, however, you have more than one source you'll need a TV with optical out because that's the only input on the PB iirc.

rojer386

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Some brilliant information there guys, thank you. I will no doubt be asking more in the near future.

Anyone fancy some Bose products?
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts