Mounting of speakers on wall and false walls

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I wonder if you guys can give me some advice

I am updating our front room to have av storage unit. I was thinking of puting my apex speakers flush with the false wall and mounting the tv flush too. I am worried about the loss of sound quality and the sound spreading up the walls more ,into the flats above, Any advise please

The Apex is designed to be on wall, not in-wall. It probably will be fine to bury them a bit, although I would get Monitor Audio Trimless 200 or Controlled Performance series of in-wall speakers and sell the Apex if I want to do that. They share the same drivers and are designed for in-wall use.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Big Boss !

I spoke to monitor audio reference mounting them on the wall and that is fine they said that as long as the grills are sticking out or flush should be fine.

I will take some pics when it is done as I am proberly not explaing it very well.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I would make sure any "alcoves" are boxed in on all four sides and the back. You can make ruimentary boxes out of 1/2 inch plywood or similar and recess them in the walls.

This will help project sound out into the room rather than up into the cavity. It will also stop bugs and insulation getting into the speakers and will preserve the fire rating of your walls.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts