Most suitable AV-receiver for B&W MT-30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Im looking to purchase the B&W MT-30 speakerset (another choice would be the Dali Fazon 5.1) but generally the B&W seems to be getting the awards.

I've read in Whathifi's reviews that care should be taken towards partnering the right kit with the B&W MT-30 for me it would boil down to the Denon 3312 or the Onkyo TX-NR 709 (maybe 809). Wich will provide the best sound or would be most suitable for the B&W MT-30's or should I be looking at something else still?

D

Deleted member 2457

bullbear said:
Hello,

Im looking to purchase the B&W MT-30 speakerset (another choice would be the Dali Fazon 5.1) but generally the B&W seems to be getting the awards.

I've read in Whathifi's reviews that care should be taken towards partnering the right kit with the B&W MT-30 for me it would boil down to the Denon 3312 or the Onkyo TX-NR 709 (maybe 809). Wich will provide the best sound or would be most suitable for the B&W MT-30's or should I be looking at something else still?

Hi

As a previous owner, I found the Pioneer amps a good match and last time I went into my local home cinema shop they had the Pioneer LX52 running through them and that sounded fantastic. The ones available at the moment seem to be the LX55 and LX73, they would definitely be worth a demo.

bullbear said:
Hello,

Hi bullbear

I'll recommend that you should also look at Monitor Audio's Radius HD series of sub/sats.

As for AV amps Yamaha's RX-V1067, RX-V2067 and RX-V3067 or (in within a couple on months) the new Aventage RXA810 (£850) and RXA1010 (£1000). Ime Yamaha AV amps work well with Dali, B&W and Monitor Audio speakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I run my MT30s off a beefy old Onkyo and I'm very happy with the sound. I'm like little baby bear. It's not too harsh, it's not too wooly, it's just right.

A

Anonymous

You should know that B&W is bringing out a new Mini Theatre and PV subwoofer in a couple of months so you may want to wait

A

Anonymous

Thank you all very much for the input so far.

As for speakers:

I really do look at the design, and for me the looks/performance ratio is a lot more important then price/performance. The room the speakers will be in is 5 by 9 meters so 45 square meters.

The looks of the M1's and their sub I really do like, who's to say the new set would look equally good. And a few months might be half a year an I don't have anything that makes noise in the house except for the girlfriend. :wall:

I've been thinking of the Monitor audio Apex series aswell but they just don't look as nice to me as the Dali or B&W solutions.

I've also been thinking of getting a fazon 2.1 setup add a Dali Motif as center and 2 Dali Fazon F5s as left and right front, however I really would prefer wall mounted speakers all the way.

As for AV receivers:

Yamaha has been recommended to me aswell but I can't seem to find to many places they sell the higher end ones. I'm looking at a store were the Denon 3312 has a free Blu ray Denon 2500BT with it at 1200 EUR for both wich seems nice enough. However I can get a Onkyo 709 with 3D capable Onkyo Blu ray player for 1000 EUR. Or just skip that and go for the 809 with just that little bit of extra features and amplification. (bearing in mind I might go for the floor standing Dali F5's)

A

Anonymous

Me and the girlfriend are not to fond of the focal dome design.... I have been looking at them but I'd have to say nno. Same for the KEF 3005, to much glossy black imo.

A

Anonymous

Me and the girlfriend are not to fond of the focal dome design.... I have been looking at them but I'd have to say nno. Same for the KEF 3005, to much glossy black imo.

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Are they releasing a new style speaker package?

Am a big fan of the Domes!

bigboss said:
Once the new B&W speakers come, the MT30 will drop in price. What do you think of the Focal Domes? http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1363

A

Anonymous

I just heard from a store where i enquired about the MT-30 set that B&W informed them the MT-30 set was no longer deliverable and a new system would be there in september.

I hate waiting.... the Monitor Audio is growing on me especially after reading all the reviews. Can anyone who owns them tell me exactly how positionable they are. The website doesnt really state it quite clearly. From pictures they seem to be positionable up and down when mounted vertically but can they also be tilted left and right???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts