More nice retro, if you like that sort of thing....

Good to see PSB jumping in on the retro speaker bandwagon with their Passif 50 speakers.
Takes me back and I might even be tempted with these sealed-box passive radiator speakers especially if the reviews are to be believed.....
'Tis a pity they are only available in a Walnut veneer.

WayneKerr

Good to see PSB jumping in on the retro speaker bandwagon with their Passif 50 speakers.
Takes me back and I might even be tempted with these sealed-box passive radiator speakers especially if the reviews are to be believed.....
'Tis a pity they are only available in a Walnut veneer.
Hmm, they are rather alluring, do like the styling, hope they sound as good as they look. I guess I could always get them vinyl wrapped in black :)

Reactions: Gray

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I am liking the retro look of the old time speaker, but do they have to be so expensive?

EG.... Wharfedale Dovedale is the latest, biggest speaker to join the Heritage Series revival | What Hi-Fi? (whathifi.com)

More material, made in the UK (a big part of it) and there cashing in on the nostalgia thing i guess.... My klipsch heritage 3's where 2.5k in 2018/19 and when they released the 4's they doubled 4/4.5k. I can understand a price hike BUT DOUBLE.

is what is though i guess.

Reactions: WayneKerr
I am liking the retro look of the old time speaker, but do they have to be so expensive?

EG.... Wharfedale Dovedale is the latest, biggest speaker to join the Heritage Series revival | What Hi-Fi? (whathifi.com)
Crumbs, that’s treading on the toes of the Harbeth HL5 XD at £5,000. I don’t recall the original being great shakes, but that’s probably my memory. The better Rank brand speakers back in the 60s and 70s were the Leak Sandwich and their successors.

Indeed, seems they started bit and others are following, however some of those have more realistic prices.
To my mind speakers went all slim and modern for a reason although most that I have owned have been the retro boxy type
Annoys me they think they have a licence to over-inflate the prices. That was the main reason for dismissing Harbeth, two or three price hikes choked me off.

Not really sure if they know their target market in times where nearly everyone is tightening their belts.

Annoys me they think they have a licence to over-inflate the prices. That was the main reason for dismissing Harbeth, two or three price hikes choked me off.

Not really sure if they know their target market in times where nearly everyone is tightening their belts.
time will tell I guess but at those prices I for one wouldn't be looking at them as a potential purchase considering what else is available in that price bracket.
I guess nostalgia and retro isnt going to be for everyone unless marketed at a realistic sum.

time will tell I guess but at those prices I for one wouldn't be looking at them as a potential purchase considering what else is available in that price bracket.
I guess nostalgia and retro isnt going to be for everyone unless marketed at a realistic sum.
Yep, nostalgia only stretches so far. I don't mind the looks, given my age, but at 5k they need to be very special sounding indeed.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
i am very interested bin how the likes of Harbeth can keep going in current economic climate when you're cheapest speakers are £2450....and speakers is all you make.

Looks like hes laughing a range of actives so the prices can only be going up. I was under the impression their main market was export?

I googled the PSB's after reading the review list price is £2500 but they're selling them for £1500, thats 40% discount!

Looks like hes laughing a range of actives so the prices can only be going up. I was under the impression their main market was export?

I googled the PSB's after reading the review list price is £2500 but they're selling them for £1500, thats 40% discount!
were are they selling for that price??
Are you sure that's not for a single speaker.
Americans do that.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts