More mind tricks

SteveR750

I swear that this new PC sounds better than the last one, I really do; but I know that it doesn't really, it's just them ole mind games again right?

Except, there is virtually no mains interference with this one, and that must count for something for sure. If it does, and my ears are telling the truth, then that's the equivalent upgrade from the DM+ to the Qute. All I know it sound sbloody marvellous after a week with nowt. Forget the knockers, the 4 star naysayers; this dacmagic+ is a cracking little DAC, I love it. It's not perfect, but it's got soul, a personality; bit like a NAD 3020 then.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
... It's not perfect, but it's got soul, a personality; bit like a NAD 3020 then.

ElderlyWheelchairs_05032012.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
That photo says more to me about it's poster than what it was meant to say about Steve.

(A fear of age expressed by using images of those debilitated by it to mock.)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
For what its worth, after the temporary sense of humour failure in this thread, I too like the output from my laptop. I did try a DAC/Headphone amplifier but found no noteable improvement so didn't bother. Not quite sure what you mean by 'new pc ... with nowth' so may have got it wrong.

regards

SteveR750

DM, I took no offence, I have no problem with the cut of your jib, only your dresses perhaps.

By nowt(h?) I meant I had no source for over a week, no music other than a galaxy + spotify and some headphones. After a week, anything sounds great, and no my memory aint failing me yet.

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Not your mind playing tricks, I've used about 5 different computers over the last couple of years and some sound clearer/cleaner than others, a MacBook Pro running on batteries being the best so far.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
I swear that this new PC sounds better than the last one, I really do; but I know that it doesn't really, it's just them ole mind games again right?

Except, there is virtually no mains interference with this one, and that must count for something for sure. If it does, and my ears are telling the truth, then that's the equivalent upgrade from the DM+ to the Qute. All I know it sound sbloody marvellous after a week with nowt. Forget the knockers, the 4 star naysayers; this dacmagic+ is a cracking little DAC, I love it. It's not perfect, but it's got soul, a personality; bit like a NAD 3020 then.

I changed my computer recently, had the same reaction, the new one was better, although the old one was, I think, 6 years old! . . . Enjoy.

CJSF

SteveR750

MajorFubar said:
Glad to see you up and running agan mate. Good luck with the Cray! :grin:

Thanks!

New ASUS N56VM aluminium looks great as Apple realised a long time ago. Impressed so far, though the B&O speakers plus mini sub is a gimmick and some. Haven't tried the optical out yet, that's to come. Best so far is the USB async connection the to the DAC is hum free almost!

SteveR750

MajorFubar said:
</p><p>Glad to see you up and running agan mate. Good luck with the Cray!  :grin:</p><p>
</p><p>Thanks!</p><p>New ASUS N56VM aluminium looks great as Apple realised a long time ago. Impressed so far, though the B&O speakers plus mini sub is a gimmick and some. Haven't tried the optical out yet, that's to come. Best so far is the USB async connection the to the DAC is hum free almost!

Though It + Kaspersky is making web pages reaaaal slow and often not loading....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts