Mordaunt Short Premiere 5.1 vs Jamo A102

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me choose which speakers to opt for in my new setup. I'll soon be purchasing a Sony STRDG 820 receiver and have around £250 to spend on some 5.1 speakers.

I've been looking at the Mordaunt Short Premiere's that can be bought for £229 with stands and cable and am pretty much ready to take the plunge on them. However, I've seen the Jamo 102 have been getting rave reviews and even won what hifi's £500 lifestyle speaker group test.

Now logic tells me that the Premieres should sound better as they are bigger etc, but is this the case? I'll be using the system for 70% games and movies and 30% music, streamed from an apple TV.

Other speakers I've looked at include the KEF 1005.2 but these seem to get mixed reviews.

So, any ideas as to what I should opt for? My MAX budget is about £250. Also, am I correct in assuming that this setup will sound a lot better than my current Sony DAVS550 all in one system?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dan

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that info. Any other opinions? Should I also be considering other brands?

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I recently got the Tannoy SFX 5.1 set from Richer Sounds in their sale, and I am very pleased. I had also considered the MS's and Jamo's.

If you head over and take a look I think the silver ones are still in the sale for £149.99, the black ones are £199.99, although I priced matched with Superfi and got the black set down to £146.99 (RRP £299.99)

A

Anonymous

Go for the Jamo. I'm getting one myself. Eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts