Mordaunt-Short Performance 2 - review?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Seeing that the Mordaunt-Short Performance 6 floor-standing loudspeakers are a favourite around here (especially with Clare Newsome), I have noticed that Mordaunt-Short has released a stand-mount version - the Performance 2.

Any chance of a review by What Hi Fi on these gorgeous-looking stand-mount loudspeakers?

Dan.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
p69 of August issue of What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision
emotion-2.gif

And yes, we should be getting a review sample in the next couple of weeks.

A

Anonymous

Perfectionists, now one step closer to an all black setup. Well ok, not really. Not if your rich enough to own two pairs of MS 6LE's.

I'm happy to hear of Mordaunt-Short and their continued hard work on the performance line. I'm just hoping this means that the same treatment will be given to the last few speakers left in the line. There could be an 'all black' performance cinema system on the way. I'd be able to settle with their sub whatever the colour though.

So their 'limited edition' performance 6 work is being applied on a new performance 2 speaker. It uses the improved polymer resin from the LE6. It shares the same black as the LE6. Yet is not being dubbed as 'limited edition' though it does seem to share these same 'LE' hallmarks. So will the whole line be revamped for unnamed 'LE' black status, or will it make marketing sense to dub all black performance speakers with the LE moniker.

Who knows, not I.

*big smiley*

A

Anonymous

Still haven't seen any reviews on this loudspeaker. It's been about a year! Come on guys!

Dan.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Only because we haven't received them from Mordaunt Short (we asked for a review pair at launch!) Set now in the building, i understand - expect a test v.shortly.

TRENDING THREADS