Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 vs 8

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Robin..

Just saw the pics of your setup - very nice kit, but right now I'm interested in an oak unit for a new 47in TV I hope to get soon!

Could you say where you got it and how wide is it please?

There are hundreds of designs out there - but the one in your pics looks the nicest to me and would match my other furniture!!

Regards: Fred

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Fred. The unit was from a local Kidderminster store. Indeed very difficult to find. I suggest start a new thread or search these archives since many have same problem. The Oakfurniturestore or chocolate frog maybe. In another life I may have wall mounted and made a centre speaker stand or smaller unit or even the later purchased Stax stand. Hope this helped somewhat. Cheers The unit is 40ins wide with 42in tv and matches, but not in the same, Windsor range. Good luck since few furniture ranges have av centre speakers in mind.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Agreed joints are not great. Expensive. Mine wasunder 300 if memory serves. I doubt the top section is deep enough for a centre if that is your aim. I think you could get a bespoke cabinet for around that price. Try local stores who may be able to source one close to your spec. Good luck and do try a thread here since some have found supplkers of similar.

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Robin...

I'm new to Forums, so not sure about starting a thread all on my own!! haha!!

As for the TV unit - the gap at the top will house a Youview Humax PVR (free from BT for upgrading Broadband) - also, although I've been looking for a while, the TV I would like is not in the shops until mid April, so still not sure if it will be 47 or if I could get away with a 55 - Panasonic, like my last 3 TV's hopefully, or even Samsung.....still undecided...Thanks so much for your input!!

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Robin..

Thanks again for your input - I may have found something I can use in NEXT.

Sorry to cut in on your thread - didn't know if there was a way to contact Forum Posters directly!!

Hope you get an anwer to your speaker issues! - Mordaunt Short were around in the 70's - I auditioned some in Lasky's in Tottenham Ct Rd - but were beyond my meagre budget in those days - I settled for Wharfedale Linton's....

Cheers!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts