Mordaunt Short Mezo 2 or Acoustic E. Aegis Neo 1

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
 I cannot decide wich speaker would be better with my NAD-Marantz system for classical music.Mainly, I want to avoid bright sounding twenters, I prefer classical music to be analog-like, without harshness. For me Kef IQ30, BW 685, Mordaunt Short 902i, Monitor Audio Silver 1 are  a little bright sounding speakers, mainly with poor recorded cd discs. I read in a review that the M. S. Mezo 2 has a silky, smooth sounding treble. What is your experience? 
Tank you for reply

A

Anonymous

Hiya

I can vouch for the Mezzo's , they do indeed have a wonderful silky smooth treble that is never harsh , i picked them out over the 685's. I would imagine they would be really nice for classical .

A

Anonymous

I have no experience with the Neo 1's but as the mezzo's are front ported i would guess they may be a little less fussy regarding placement.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You won't have any problems with their tweeters but you might have with bass which needs an amplifier with iron grip. Even with CA840v2 components the bass was a bit flabby. I preferred Kef iQ7's, especially with a sub even though treble was not quite as good.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts