Moon Neo 250i amplifier

frazzle

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Spent a bit of time listening to the Rega elex-R. It sounded great. Then we tried a Moon Neo 250i. Its nearly twice the price but sounded superb, and was a step up from the Rega. However at £1650 I'm just not sure. The chap in the shop suggested the Moon is way ahead of the Rega Elicit R. Got a home demo of the elex-R and Moon soon, but has anyone got any experience of Moon equipment?

K

keeper of the quays

frazzle said:
Spent a bit of time listening to the Rega elex-R. It sounded great. Then we tried a Moon Neo 250i. Its nearly twice the price but sounded superb, and was a step up from the Rega. However at £1650 I'm just not sure. The chap in the shop suggested the Moon is way ahead of the Rega Elicit R. Got a home demo of the elex-R and Moon soon, but has anyone got any experience of Moon equipment?
I have no experience of moon, but have never heard a bad word..

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
frazzle said:

On another thread someone thought that the Elicit-R was worth the £700 over the Elex-R, but only you can decide whether you like the Moon enough to spend the extra money. Were you not given the chance to try the Elicit-R, it seems like an obvious option if you liked the Elex-R?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I gave my opinion on the Moon gear that I'd heard, on your previous thread (last post), but I would add the following - Moon stuff is very well built, but I would be very wary of anyone, including a dealer, who is trying to persuade you that their judgement is what you should base a decision on. IMO. A dealer's job is to put forward alternatives that are within budget and then let you make the decision, based on your judgement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts