Monolith MP3 Player

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hello people, listen I bought one of these mp3 players about one year ago ( Monolith MX-7010). It sounds a lot better than my friends' i-pod but I (actually my son) downloaded a track to it and now when I try connecting to my pc a message pops up and tells my that the computer does not recognise the player.

Today I noticed for the first time on the mp3's window a message which said ''code 10'' does anyone know what this ''code 10'' is ? ......... will my player ever work properly again ?

Any info would be of great help, especially if the mp3 player is never going to work again. :(

A

Anonymous

Details, man. What does this message say, exactly? Where does it appear? What operating system are you running? Keep your chin up, it's not over yet.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a bad file has caused the problem. The following will erase everything on the player, but should get it working again. Only should, mind you, so you try any of the below at your own risk.

Established wisdom seems to be that you should reset the player, then turn it off. To do this press
the reset button on the bottom of the unit, which will power it off.

Then press and hold the 'Rw' button, and while keeping it pressed press and hold the 'Power' and 'Rec' button together. The player should display 'format..' on the screen. This should reset the player.

If this fails, power it off again, then hold down the Tempo and Power buttons and keep them pressed until the word 'Formatting...' appears on the display. Release the buttons and leave the player to format its storage, and it should then work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts