Monitor Audio???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

With the right music at the right volume my GR 20's (and audiolabs) scare the bejeesus out of me.

I like the way they make angry music sound FURIOUS :)

A

Anonymous

Have MA Silver8i running with Rotel pre and power and they sound superb! When I tested them (some years ago) - there was no comparison.

Go for it - you won't be disappointed.

A

Anonymous

I loved my RS6's - apart from a bit of a screechy top of midrange. Some vocals and brass etc seemed a bit dominant. I agree they kicked out a mighty amount of bass, but sometimes the top end overpowers it all. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Hmm, listening to everyone here I think I'm going to tinker with the settings as my RS6's, though sharp as a knife, certainly dont kick out meaty bass as a few have noted here. Something wrong I think. Apart from further investment, any suggestions? Denon AVR4306 - bi-amped using Van Den Hul Tea Track biwire cables. Might switch it over to single wired then biwired just to see if there's much difference.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matthewpiano"]Pre-outs into a good stereo amp for driving the front channel???[/quote]Not a bad idea but will this make much difference to the sound the 4306 is giving out?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Damien Buckley"]Hmm, listening to everyone here I think I'm going to tinker with the settings as my RS6's, though sharp as a knife, certainly dont kick out meaty bass as a few have noted here. Something wrong I think. Apart from further investment, any suggestions? Denon AVR4306 - bi-amped using Van Den Hul Tea Track biwire cables. Might switch it over to single wired then biwired just to see if there's much difference.[/quote]

You haven't still got the foam bungs in the ports have you? As an aside, I'm using cheap thick copper multistrand with mine. Not sure if it would be worth buying a few m's off ebay (you can get it for £4-5 a m) and trying that?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Damien Buckley"][quote user="matthewpiano"]Pre-outs into a good stereo amp for driving the front channel???[/quote]Not a bad idea but will this make much difference to the sound the 4306 is giving out?[/quote] You won't be using the 4306 this way when listening to music. You will have all your other speakers connected to the receiver and the front left and rights (RS6s) connected to your stereo amp. When listening to music, you only have your stereo amp on and when watching films you would need both amp and receiver on. This is how I have mine set up. Best of both worlds. You could buy a £300 amp and it would blow your current sound away and give you your bass!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts