Monitor Audio RX6 any good?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They are extremely good for the money. Not many manufacturers can produce a floorstander of this build and sound quality, with a decent wood veneer. The nearest is KEF's iQ50 with wood veneer.

A

Anonymous

I've just spoke to sevenoaks in nottingham there selling them for £600 in the sale.

stokes2608:

Hi I'm considering going to audition these. Does anyone own a pair of these what do you think of them?

Cheers

Hi stokes2608

The Silver RX6's are excellent speakers that can punch well above their weight. Superb VFM. Well done Monitor Audio.
emotion-1.gif

Btw, what components do you use?

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

aliahk

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm also considering of buying the MA Rx-6.

I already heard them for the first time with a rotel amp and they sounded mighty fine.

But i'm going back with my rega brio 3 to audition that match and maybe buy a naim nait 5i later on if that combination sounds so much better.

A

Anonymous

I have the RX6s. First I matched them with CA 650A which produced a detailed sound that was occasionally too bright to my ears, which I don't think was the fault of the speakers. I now have them punching above their weight with the Quad II-forty/ Quad QC-twentyfour pre/power combo and they sound great. When I took them with me to audition the amps, the dealer was initially expecting the speakers would not do the amp justice. He soon changed his mind

FWIW I have the Chord SilverScreen speaker cables.

David

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Antistatic:

That's a deadly combo you have there. The other two gears are triple the price of the speakers, and you're bold enough to invite the RX6 into that league. I guess the speakers limit has reached with your setup.

A

Anonymous

vinod_david:Antistatic:That's a deadly combo you have there. The other two gears are triple the price of the speakers, and you're bold enough to invite the RX6 into that league. I guess the speakers limit has reached with your setup.

Deadly=Good or Deadly=It might kill me?

OK so if I spent >3x what I paid for the RX6s, I'm sure there would be some improvement and one day, wife willing, I may just do that. For now I am very much enjoying my setup and I am not all the time worrying that the RX6s are letting the team down. The RX6 is quite sensitive so 40W is more than enough power for me.

BTW I bought the Quads second hand, only four months old and about half the price of new. I could not have afforded them new.

A

Anonymous

I own a pair of RX6 and a MF a5.5 + Arcam cd37. Though the other elements are far more expensive than the RX6 I'm really happy with that combo. Terrific VFM . And they look great as well. You can't go wrong with those...

Cheers

A

Anonymous

picked mine up 2 weeks ago for £675 so £600 is a good deal as well. They sound great straight out of the box but i am awaiting even more from them - have been running them in gently. Finish is excellent at the price point and they certainly punch above their weight in terms of sound and build quality. They have just replaced my 10/12 year old Mordaunt Short MS40i floorstanders which were no slouches during their time but these MArx6's kick like a mule compared to my old ones.

CA 740A, CA DACmagic, DiscMagic, Chord Chameleon Silverplus, Chord Odyssey4

A

Anonymous

I have RS6's and they are superb so if the RX6 are better, they must be VERY good indeed. Oh, and beautiful build quality and finish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts