monitor audio rx + yamaha rx-v3900

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I buy monitor audio rx (rx1, rx6 and rxc) jbl es250 sub and yamaha rx-v3900. I have all speakers and sub plug in reciver and I am playing now for 2 weeks. Today I saw in the reciver manual if you have 6 ohms speakers (monitor audio rx are 6 ohms) you have to change impidance in reciver from 8 ohms to 6 ohms. Did I do any damage because I did not do this before.

A

Anonymous

zonzi:

Hello

I buy monitor audio rx (rx1, rx6 and rxc) jbl es250 sub and yamaha rx-v3900. I have all speakers and sub plug in reciver and I am playing now for 2 weeks. Today I saw in the reciver manual if you have 6 ohms speakers (monitor audio rx are 6 ohms) you have to change impidance in reciver from 8 ohms to 6 ohms. Did I do any damage because I did not do this before.

No probelm , you have not damaged anything

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
lesmor:zonzi:

Hello

No probelm , you have not damaged anything

I agree. My receiver has 4 or 8 ohm option and I use 8. It's the optimal impedance but I doubt anyone would notice a difference - I can't between 4 and 8 ohms.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Switching an amp to the 4 or 6 ohm setting just caps the max current output. This is because the lower the speaker's impedance, the more current it draws from the amplifier. In real terms, most people aren't likely to reach the volume levels that this will become effective, as it tends o be nearer to the amp's maximum output that this becomes an issue. Leaving your amp on 8ohms will give you a little more headroom, as long as you're not trying to recreate the sound levels of the Odeon Leicester Square in your living room.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

Switching an amp to the 4 or 6 ohm setting just caps the max current output. This is because the lower the speaker's impedance, the more current it draws from the amplifier. In real terms, most people aren't likely to reach the volume levels that this will become effective, as it tends o be nearer to the amp's maximum output that this becomes an issue. Leaving your amp on 8ohms will give you a little more headroom, as long as you're not trying to recreate the sound levels of the Odeon Leicester Square in your living room.

Just to clarify please David that listening at reference level 75db volume is Ok?

TRENDING THREADS