Monitor audio Rsw12 vs bk monolith

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi just need some advice can any1 help me?? PPl keep telling me how great the bk monolith is and how it compares to any £800 sub, but i see you give the rsw12 a 5star rating i was just wondering if anyone has had both or heard both and cud tell me how they compare??

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have the Rsw12 and am very pleased with it. The pace and timing is spot on with music giving naturalness to the weight of the bass.
As I bought it as part of the MA package I didn't consider it a better step mixing and matching with others so cannot give you an A/B comparison.
However I have just replaced in all the other speakers the crossover caps with Clarity Caps SA, bypassing them with 0.01 vishay polys. Amazing difference, the detail and clarity now in the mid and treble ranges is champagne to the ears!

A

Anonymous

Hi i ive not heard the rsw12 properly only about ten seconds worth in a shop whilst someone else had a demo so i cant answer your question. BUT i replaced my mj ref 200(£750) with the monolith and the monolith is clearly better to my ears!
Have asked the question over on the dark side? there lots of bk owners over there and you get a more definate answer

A

Anonymous

hi guys much appreciate the response by darksidewhere do u mean gareth or cant you say?? trever how much did ur upgrade cost and to what speakers did u do it to i hav the rs6 av pack wud i b changing all the speakers or just the rs6s??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Arf69:hi guys much appreciate the response by darksidewhere do u mean gareth or cant you say?? trever how much did ur upgrade cost and to what speakers did u do it to i hav the rs6 av pack wud i b changing all the speakers or just the rs6s??

I don't know the Monolith but the RSW12 is astonishing.

A

Anonymous

Hi Arf, I replaced the caps in both the RS8s and the centre and bypassed with Vishay MKP 1837 on them all (Rears).
The speakers are transformed, hear things in the music never heard before! Couldn't believe just how good the music sounded.
Cost wise the Clarity Caps were £41+ vat from www.iplacoustics.co.uk and the Vishays about £10 from RS supplies.

A interesting read on these here ...www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap

A direct replacement so quite a simple job with the soldering iron, although the Clarity Caps are bigger so have to be relocated on the boards.

Hope this all helps

TRENDING THREADS