Monitor Audio Radius R90HD10 or Q Acoustics Q7000

Amoose

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
What would you say would be the better speaker package of the two to go with either the Onkyo 609 or Yamaha RXV671.

Thoughts please

A

Anonymous

I recently bought the Onkyo 609 & the Monitor Audio R90HD10, which provide a fantastic surround sound experience (especially HD Audio on blu-ray). I've written a review in the 'Your System' forum titled 'New Home Cinema Review', which provides some detailed comments on my setup and my personal view on how things sound + photos. See my review here:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/new-home-cinema-review

Can't comment on the other combination.

Paul.

Amoose

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for a speedy reply Paul and for the excellent in depth and detailed report of your system.

I am off to listen to the MA R90 tomorrow along with the Q7000 plus the Onkyo/Yamaha receivers. Sounds like I could be in for a treat.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Amoose said:
What would you say would be the better speaker package of the two to go with either the Onkyo 609 or Yamaha RXV671.

Thoughts please

Unfortuntely, I don't think anyone in a position to comment on that as the Q7000 seems a figment of people's imaginations! Once they're readily available, there will be more chance of an answer for you :)

Amoose

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Paul

The demo was fine and all the components had their qualities.

In respect of the speakers I think the Radius were probably overall better with a wider soundstage and a touch more detail although they used the smaller sub (360). In saying that the Q7000 were new from the box so not run in yet and should only get better. From the demo it was a close call which, considering the price difference, I am leaning more towards the Q Acoustics. My ears could not detect a £500 improvement in sound between them.

On the receiver front the 609 had the edge on movie soundtracks but the 671 had it on music. As my first priority is music I will probably plump for the Yamaha.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts