Monitor Audio Radius HD R270 HD10 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As WHF highly recommended the R90 HD10's, I thought these might be even better (although they've not been tested).

Any view's on them, or links to reviews please?

I've got Monitor Audio set similar to those, except that I've got R225HD instead of the floorstanders, but I have auditioned the R270HD. They're absolutely superb.....excellent for both music and movies. The dialogues are crisp, action scenes have that thump (even with my subwoofer off, although not that powerful) & music is sonic. There has been some criticism about Monitor audio subwoofers not going low enough, but I absolutely love my AW-12. I haven't heard the R360HD subwoofer, but you can't go wrong with Monitor Audio sets.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Cheers bigboss.Good to see your happy with yours.

Where did you audition the R270's? I've Googled around and can't find anywhere in my area (Hant's) that stock them.
Ideally, I want to upgrade my existing system but not sure what receiver to use with these speakers. Did you get your Yamaha to specifically match these? I rather fancy the Denon 2310 but am open to suggestions.

I auditioned them at Sevenoaks Sheffield.

When I was buying the receiver, Denon had recently increased its prices due to the weakening Pound. This completely put me off, so I didn't audition it. I checked Onkyo, Pioneer & Yamaha....& liked Yamaha the best. Denon 2310 is well specd & should nicely match your system.

However, I would recommend that you audition the receivers, as they sound very different from one another.

Is Southampton near your place? There's a Sevenoaks there. Check www.ssav.com for your nearest store. Otherwise, go on a Saturday to your nearest city where you'll find some hi-fi dealers to audition them.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, Southampton's just up the road. Unfortunately Senenoaks don't have them in stock.

Portsmouth is next to useless for decent Hi Fi shops, there's only T Audio and they don't have stock either. I guess I'll have to travel around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts