Monitor Audio BX2 binding post LF and HF big difference.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can hear big difference when connected to LF and HF of my BX2. When connected to LF binding post the audio sounds dull but with better midrange, when in HF it becomes lively but midrange slightly affected. Does changing the bridge connector will solve the problem or should I just connect the (+) to HF and (-) to the LF?

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Removing the bridges could help. Just try it.

Some cable manufacturers say that you should try connecting the positive cable to the high frequency input and the negative cable to the low frequency input. Give that a shot too.

A

Anonymous

the culprit is the stock binding connector, I just cut a small portion from my speaker wire and use it. what a big improvement! detailed, smoother midrange and I can't now hear any differences wheather its connected on LF or HF.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
boomboompow said:
the culprit is the stock binding connector, I just cut a small portion from my speaker wire and use it. what a big improvement! detailed, smoother midrange and I can't now hear any differences wheather its connected on LF or HF.

Found the same with the KEF Q500's......

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Pistol Pete1 said:
boomboompow said:

I'm not surprised, having seen the internals of the Q series' bi-wire arrangement I'm deeply suspicious of it.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Pistol Pete1 said:
boomboompow said:

I'm not surprised, having seen the internals of the Q series' bi-wire arrangement I'm deeply suspicious of it.

Me too.......single wiring the 'Q' series is defo NOT at option......great idea to make things easy to change, but SQ is more important, in my view.....

A

Anonymous

after extensive listening I noticed there still difference in sound even I changed the bridge connector. I will settle for LF connection for its better imaging but lesser detailed compared to HF which is very detailed but lacks soundstage.

Any other BX2 user who also notice the difference from HF and LF connection?

A

Anonymous

Can you do this (connect + to HF and - to LF) on all systems or only do it with certain systems?

currently my Arcam 8R is conenct to the LF on my B&W 601 S2's.

would it damage the system if I were to test it?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
No, the HF and LF binding posts are connected by the linking plate/cable, so electrically they appear the same, you won't damage anything by trying it, provided those links are still in place of course.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't you just strip back a bit more cable and run it through both posts?

My BX2s are only on the bottom set of posts with the bar between, but I may try adding speaker wire instead tonight.

Cred0h

Jan 1, 2021
Visit site
Bumping an ages old thread. I had the same experience as the OP. Dullish/muddy sound when only on LF. Minor loss in lows but more open soundstage in HF. Tried what someone suggested about +to HF and - to LF. Have experienced a significant improvement!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts