Monitor Audio BR5 and Cambridge Audio Azur 650a - a good match?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hola - I own a pair of the aforementioned floorstanders and am looking to upgrade my amp. The new Azur 650a is under serious consideration, from what I have read it is said to err on the bright side. Would it partner the BR5s?

Any comments / advice greatly received.

Many thanks in advance.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi:

Yes, indeed, they would match really well. I have the 640 V2 partnered with MA RS6, and they are good. I have also heard the BR5 with Marantz PM7001 and they were good too.

What I would suggest is demo the 650 with your speakers, and if happy, take the plunge.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I also would say that they'd match well (the BR range isnt as 'bright' as the RS range) but I wouldnt just narrow it down to that amp.

The NAD C326BEE integrated would suit the BR5's very well as would the NAD C355BEE or the Rotel RA-04/05.

What would be handy to know is what is your budget and what music do you listen to? Also; what source are you planning to use (CDP, TT, MP3, Laptop etc...)?

A

Anonymous

I ran the BR2s with the 540a for a while....OK , not exactly the same components but from the same stable.....anyway....I liked the sound....suited me fine.....dont think you can go wrong........

A

Anonymous

Hi - My budget kinda tops at the £350 mark, I listen to a wide range of sounds from acoustic to House so an all-rounder is needed. I also want a bit of punch to proceedings: I have an Arcam A70 and, while giving a very detailed sound, just doesn't excite me. I'm using a Yamaha CDR-HD1300 to play sounds from and also iPod.

Thanks for your reply!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Well with that budget, IMO, you couldnt go wrong with a decent example of either a NAD C320BEE or a NAD C352 integrated amp via eBay (if youre fine with 2nd hand items that is).

There's also a NAD C355BEE integrated on there currently at a reduced price as well as the NAD C326BEE amp which I mentioned above.

I know where youre coming from the the Arcam A70. I didnt find any of the DiVA amps (apart from the A85) that I liked. Bags of power but no guts!!!

Also; IMO, if youre going to go for a NAD amp I'd look to match it with a NAD CDP in the near future. The synergy with them would be spot on for the M/A speakers and your taste in music (I'm a huge House fan as well... My Hed Kandi collection is beyond stupid)!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts