Monitor Audio BR2 Problem, HELP!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I have 'MA BR2's' with an 'Marantz NR1501'.

The amp is 50 WPC and the speakers are 100 Watts RMS . The volume on the amp goes up to 65, when i reach around 40-45 on the amp i seem the hear a clicking sound from both speakers with a high bass song. On the amp I set the bass and treble to flat.

I was not sure if this was the amp or the speakers, so i changed the amp to an Yamaha RX-V350. When i tested it, the problem was still happening. This must mean the speakers are the problem? The reason i am confused on this one is because the speakers should go up to 100 Watts RMS?

If anyone could help, it would be much appriciated.

Cheers,Kyle

matthewpiano

Most amps reach their full usable output level from about half way up the volume control onwards. At 40-45 on your amps control you are probably causing the amp to clip when the music hits dynamic peaks and this is likely to be the sound that you can hear.

Doesn't sound like a fault anywhere - you are simply driving your amps too hard.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It sound like in both cases either the amp is clipping, as it runs out of steam, or the drivers are hitting their end-stops.

The speakers' 100W figure is only the unclipped power they can handle: it's not unusual for amps to clip long before you reach the apparent maximum on the volume control range, depending on the level of the input source, speaker impedance and so on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts