MONITOR AUDIO APEX

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
HI GUYS,

I HAVE READ ONLY POSITIVE REVIEWS AND OPINIONS ABOUT MONITOR AUDIO APEX.

BUT, ARE THERE ANY UNHAPPY OWNERS OF MONITOR AUDIO APEX ?????

THANK YOU.

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
The overwhelming consensus of those taking part in the main thread is that the system is great. That's not to say that they aren't better speaker packages out there. The Apex offer a contemporary look which is subtle in comparison to floor standers, although it won't compete in over all sound quality with higher end hi-fi floor speakers as far as I can tell. There are also dedicated home cinema speakers such as M&K and Ken Kreisel, that offer more accurate sound for movies than hi-fi speakers, according to many reviews. However, with all these things comes a) personal choice around the type of sound you like and the type of sound you listen to - music or movies and b) how much you are prepared to pay.

For the price and aesthetics it appears as though the Apex system offers one of the better choices. Unless you like large floor standing speakers.

I was impressed though with the sound of the Kef LS50's recently so wouldn't mind betting that 5.1 or 7.1 with a good sub would compete with Apex comfortably, provided you don't want them on the wall of course.

;)

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys for reply, I will try these speakers when I will have opportunity.

I do not have chance in my town to have a demo, but I can buy pair of it and compare to my speakers.

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
if you are thinking of buying a bookshelf speaker in place of a speaker package such as the Apex, you may want to check with the latest review in WHF which compares the LS50 with other bookshelves up to £1000. This review was most likely comparing music capabilities as opposed to Home Theatre sound though.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi jcshutts

did you mean http://www.whathifi.com/review/ls50 ??

Ok, yes they look very nice, but they must match the amp. Anyway, I am looking for something more sure, not experiment partnering with receiver -Yamaha RX A 2010

My options :

leave my package as it is :

1. Mezzo 6, mezzo1- surround, KEF 1000.2-sub, B& W HTM62 centre, KEF satellite from 1005 package- surround back

after I have adjusted Yamaha and speakers, it is sound ok to me,

2. replace KEF back surround with Mezzo 1 and buy Monitor audio A10 as surround, try it and after we will see, maybe go for A 40

3. Buy Monitor Audio RX FX or BX FX and put my mezzo 1 as surround back

What do you think ?

By the way my living room has about 1200 cubic feet ( 442x351x229 cm), I would say it is not big, so if I have
Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12

it would be probably waste of money for this size. My Kef sub has 100 watts, and it is absolutely fine, enough bass for me

I can not imagine live with 500 Watts sub, I want to keep my ears healthy to the end of my life.

Any better ideas ??

Thank you

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
I'm not going to be much help to you Surroundman I'm afraid. I have heard the apex in a demo but not to any great extent. The apex club thread are friendly and will offer some advice regarding matching I'm sure. The general advice on this forum is avoid buying unless you can hear the product first. This isnt always easy but is the right advice. I'm going to be travelling a huge distance to have a demo on my next set of speakers.

There is also a thread running on kef ls50 matching with a yamaha receiver in a 5.0 set up. Frank Harvey have paired the Kef with a sub I believe and will give a view on how this matched.

Sorry I can't be more definite for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts