Monitor Audio Apex but which amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in the process of buying the MA Apex speaker pack so far I have everything apart for the sub now I am wondering what AV to get. At the moment I and using my Denon 1910 which is good but I think I need to upgrade to get the best out of them. So far on my list I have the pioneer sclx83, 73, 53 onyko 808, 1008, 3008 or the yahama 2067,3067 I think it would be best to buy one of these instead of this year's model as they are all meant to sound good and prices seem to be coming down nicely as the newer model's are either out of nearly out.

Which would you guys go with I know I should listen to them before I buy but so far I am leaning to to a pioneer 83....

My usage habbits are about 80% TV 20% music.

michael hoy

Hi,

I have the Pioneer LX72 and find this pairing a joy to listen to, so a 73 or 83 if you have the budget will be worth a listen.

Some may say you need a warmer sounding amp like the Yamaha or Denon, only you can decide but do not be put off by people saying Pioneer are on the bright side, I do not think mine is.

I demoed my Apex with a Arcam 500 and they sounded very good but the early issues and price put me off and bought the Pioneer.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Hi,

I have the Pioneer LX72 and find this pairing a joy to listen to, so a 73 or 83 if you have the budget will be worth a listen.

Some may say you need a warmer sounding amp like the Yamaha or Denon, only you can decide but do not be put off by people saying Pioneer are on the bright side, I do not think mine is.

I demoed my Apex with a Arcam 500 and they sounded very good but the early issues and price put me off and bought the Pioneer.

This is a very fair comment.

The AVR500 has come onto more peoples' radar because of the price it can presently be bought for (£1300 - down from £2500). It was plagued with problems but is now supposed to be fixed. It's for this reason that I started an "owners thread" to see if this is the case, and help potential buyers.

If it has been fixed, there is nothing better at anything like this money (IMO).

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
magmax, dont miss the owners thread of the Apex!

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/the-apex-club

You get several helpful tips and suggestions in there for sure!

Happy hunting!
smiley-smile.gif

magmax said:
I am in the process of buying the MA Apex speaker pack so far I have everything apart for the sub now I am wondering what AV to get. At the moment I and using my Denon 1910 which is good but I think I need to upgrade to get the best out of them. So far on my list I have the pioneer sclx83, 73, 53 onyko 808, 1008, 3008 or the yahama 2067,3067 I think it would be best to buy one of these instead of this year's model as they are all meant to sound good and prices seem to be coming down nicely as the newer model's are either out of nearly out.

Which would you guys go with I know I should listen to them before I buy but so far I am leaning to to a pioneer 83....

My usage habbits are about 80% TV 20% music.

Hi magmax

I'll highly recommend the superb RX-V3067 as it forms an excellent tonal match with Apex speakers :bigsmile:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

hi, i have the apex 10 (4*) & center apex 40 together with dali ikom 7 mk II speakers running on onkyo tx-nr906. i have chosen for the yamaha ns-sw700 subwoofer iso the apex aw-12 (even though this one sounds great also, but the price is very high). the complete set sounds very nice and especially the monitor audio speakers sound great.

greetings

rob

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As long as it's a high quality receiver, the Apex will sound great. Very detailed and open with the Pioneer SCLX receivers, almost as good with the equivalent Onkyo's, and a little smoother and warmer with the equivalent Yamaha's. The Arcam AVR400 will also be an excellent match too.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for your input I will have to go and have a good listen…didn’t think of the Arcam but will put it on the list.

It will be easy to listen to the amps but the hardest thing will be to get to see oops I mean hear them with the Monitor audio Apex because not many shops stock them where I live. I have a few RS and a superfi but they they don't sell Monitor Audio .…

I don’t fancy taking my kit to a shop and then home again maybe they will let me try one at home?? Can only ask the worse they can say is no.

It looks like from the comment I got so far I can't go really wrong with any of them on my list so it could very well go down to price.

A

Anonymous

Apex + SCLX73 = Awesome (so is posting from an executive lounge in the hotel on my iPad in Lanzarote-Sweet)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts