Modern equivalent of Rogers LS4a's

Hairymonster

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi Peeps,

Years and years ago, I had a pair of Rogers LS4a's, linked to an Arcam amp and Rega CD player.

Seduced by floorstanders, I ended up getting some used Ruark Talisman II's which are excellent.

BUT, The Rogers speakers had a superb midband which was addictive, and though the Ruarks have the bass extension, they don't seem to have the magical midband. Were I to look at some stand-mount speakers, what would I look at which would give those characteristics again?

Thanks in advance

twinkletoes

Though I havent heard them myself, Harbeth P3ESR are always mentioned pertaining to amazing mids and they have some larger standmounts in there range like the 30.1 and the C7ES-3 that probably split the difference re mid band and bass output.

probably be a good place to start and audition as long they suit your budget.

Reactions: nopiano
Hi Peeps,

Years and years ago, I had a pair of Rogers LS4a's, linked to an Arcam amp and Rega CD player.

Seduced by floorstanders, I ended up getting some used Ruark Talisman II's which are excellent.

BUT, The Rogers speakers had a superb midband which was addictive, and though the Ruarks have the bass extension, they don't seem to have the magical midband. Were I to look at some stand-mount speakers, what would I look at which would give those characteristics again?

Thanks in advance
Buy a second hand pair?

Reactions: Symples and nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts