Mo-fi, what's the deal with these guy's. Interesting interview from Mike @ the "In" groove

In the end it's much ado about not much at all really.
Latest...

We at Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab are aware of customer complaints regarding use of digital technology in our mastering chain. We apologize for using vague language, allowing false narratives to propagate, and for taking for granted the goodwill and trust our customers place in the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab brand.

We recognize our conduct has resulted in both anger and confusion in the marketplace. Moving forward, we are adopting a policy of 100% transparency regarding the provenance of our audio products. We are immediately working on updating our websites, future printed materials, and packaging — as well as providing our sales and customer service representatives with these details. We will also provide clear, specific definitions when it comes to Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab marketing branding such as Original Master Recording (OMR) and UltraDisc One-Step (UD1S). We will backfill source information on previous releases so Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab customers can feel as confident in owning their products as we are in making them.

We thank you for your past support and hope you allow us to continue to provide you the best-sounding records possible — an aim we've achieved and continue to pursue with pride.

Jim Davis
President, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

Last edited:
Reactions: nopiano

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I wouldn't hesitate in buying one of their records...I'm sure they sound superb....I'd like other labels and manufacturers to follow their lead on this, so that, we as paying customers know where the original source material is coming from.

Reactions: chichaz
I wouldn't hesitate in buying one of their records...I'm sure they sound superb....I'd like other labels and manufacturers to follow their lead on this, so that, we as paying customers know where the original source material is coming from.
to be frank the source material may, for many, be irrelevant, it is the quality of the resultant vinyl that matters and I don't recall ever having a bad disc from MOFI

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
It's not the quality that's in doubt, its the prommis of where it comes from (OG master tapes), and the fact there charging so much because of that claim, instead, they're using digital master and can make those stamps when ever they like, ie they're selling limited quantities for no real reason which increases mark up. The bottom line there lying.

But the market behind it is a load poo anyhow, all there really doing it making a really good mould and ensuring it is used a set number of times. but that's a debate for a different time and place

Vynal attack on youtube sums it up very nicely in 4 mins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts