MKV files on a usb stick wont play

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
im try to play MKV files but my player says it wont support the audio file im using a sony BDP S 370 player , The files work when plugged into my samsung UE40C6100 (THINK THATS THE MODEL ) 3D TV . THE FILES IM TRYING TO PLAY ARE 3D ASWELL.any tips or advice welcome .

thanks.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I used to have a BDP-S570 and I could never get it to play an MKV. I'm afraid that 'on paper' streaming capabilities of Sony Blu-ray players differ somewhat from reality in my experience.

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
http://www.3dtvreviewer.co.uk/sony-3d-blu-ray-bdp-s370-bdp-s570-bdp-s770/2010/02/16/

says with sofware update will be 3D , AS FOR MKV ON A USB UM can you be a little more specific please john.

John Duncan

I believe that that site is wrong. AFAIK, 3D only starts on the 4-series, firmware or not.

Be more specific how? I was saying that if the file is 3D then it won't be recognised, but this is speculation on my part. Googling will give you some resources on mkv play in general, since it seems a bit hit or miss.

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
damm , when i got the player 3D wasnt a thing i was interested in but have taken a fancy to it now anyone reccomend a bluray player with 3d playback then

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Sony S470 / 480 will suit you well.

Although from the OP's experience with the '370 and my experience with the '570, I think it's a pretty certain bet that neither is going to play MKV files, which is what the OP wants to do

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
ok then different slant on this , basically the mkv file plays direct when usb is plugged in the tv ok , but sound wont be through the amp , if i run a optical into my amp will the sound be true 3D as only comes up as dolby surrond ???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts