Mixing new and old.

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I currently have a set of Monitor Audio Bronze B4's.

Ideally I would like to find a matching centre on ebay, but at the moment there are none available.

If I purcahsed the Bronze BX centre from the current range, would it sound ok with B4's in a 5.1 set up?

Any Advice is welcome.

Thanks

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it only the B4's you have so far - ie are you looking to put a full 5.1 system together based on the old Bronze series? I ask in that if so - you may end up having similar difficulties getting 2nd hand models of the rears too.

With no-one else responding who can answer your specific question, I would guess that the new BX centre is going to be as close as your are going to get. With the centre doing most of the speaking for films, I don't think you are going to notice any great mis-match.

If it was me, I would get a BX version and build my system around that - have you looked to see the availability of the BX range 2nd hand?

andyh

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your responses,

I also have the tannoy sfx sub/ sat system, I am using the rears and sub from that.

The MA's were purchased to improve stereo performance (£69 off ebay) and I am very happy with the results. The centre from the Tannoy sfx was a bit weak, so removed it from the system. I have set my receiver to create a phantom centre and the results are pretty good, I'm looking to keep my setup as cheap as possible, but sounding good.

If a cheap bronze centre comes up I might take the plunge, but at the moment things don't sound to bad.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts