mixer or preamp

ikswezclam

Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi

I would like to ask you for advice.
I put my first home sound system. I need a device to boost the sound source, which will be the computer and smartphone. The output is CHEVIN research A1000 linear amplifier and Eminance Kappa Dj Pa Sound System 15 Inch Speakers. I would also like to be able to listen to music on headphones (62 Ohms), so I would like to ask you for recommendation for any preamp usb dac/ just preamplifier or maybe mixer.

RMS Power Output
into 8Ω (per channel)350 W
into 4Ω (per channel)600 W
Number of Channels2
Power Bandwidth +0db, -3db2 Hz – 80 kHz
Slew Rate in Excess of75 V / µS
Gainx 50
SPECIFICATION

Nominal Basket Diameter15", 381 mm
Nominal Impedance*8 Ω
Power Rating*
Program Power900 W
Watts450 W
Resonance33 Hz
Usable Frequency Range52 Hz - 2.3 kHz
Sensitivity*100.5 dB
Magnet Weight80 oz.
Gap Height0.375", 9.5 mm
Voice Coil Diameter3", 76 mm

thanks

Rafael

Gray

Hi

I would like to ask you for advice.
I put my first home sound system. I need a device to boost the sound source, which will be the computer and smartphone. The output is CHEVIN research A1000 linear amplifier and Eminance Kappa Dj Pa Sound System 15 Inch Speakers. I would also like to be able to listen to music on headphones (62 Ohms), so I would like to ask you for recommendation for any preamp usb dac/ just preamplifier or maybe mixer.

RMS Power Output
into 8Ω (per channel)350 W
into 4Ω (per channel)600 W
Number of Channels2
Power Bandwidth +0db, -3db2 Hz – 80 kHz
Slew Rate in Excess of75 V / µS
Gainx 50
SPECIFICATION

Nominal Basket Diameter15", 381 mm
Nominal Impedance*8 Ω
Power Rating*
Program Power900 W
Watts450 W
Resonance33 Hz
Usable Frequency Range52 Hz - 2.3 kHz
Sensitivity*100.5 dB
Magnet Weight80 oz.
Gap Height0.375", 9.5 mm
Voice Coil Diameter3", 76 mm

thanks

Rafael
Hi Rafael.
Depends whether you want to be able to mix or not, but I can mention a couple of good value products.
My brother wanted to be able to mix his computer's USB output with line level sources and ended up buying a Soundcraft Notepad 8.
There was a time when buying a cheap little mixer wasn't a great idea in terms of quality. The worst gave you hum and hiss in with your music. Things have changed a bit though, Soundcraft is a good make and these little units come at nice prices - though if you're going to be into DJ games you might just prefer one with slide faders.

Alternatively, for just a USB source and no mixing, this could be good for you:
It could be used as a preamp (using its front volume control) into your power amp.
Either option would give you the headphone output you need too.

I believe your Chevin only has balanced inputs. Both the above give the balanced outputs you need. The Soundcraft uses conventional XLR connectors.
But the Zen uses a Pentacon connector for its balanced output - not yet common, so an adaptor lead would need to be tracked down from somewhere (or you could obtain a Pentacon plug and make up a lead to XLR youself). Failing that, you could use its unbalanced (RCA) connectors, with the appropriate (RCA to XLR) lead.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts