Mission returning....

podknocker

I remember the Mission-Cyrus group releasing the Cyrus 780SE and this is the speaker that got me hooked on HIFI. They were on Atacama SE24 stands and I think the electronics were Marantz CD63Mk2SE and the Marantz PM63Mk2SE and with some QED cable, it came to around £800 and I couldn't afford it. I outstayed my welcome, in Superfi, trying to listen to a Dire Straits CD to the end! I have owned a few pairs of Mission speakers, but weirdly, I always found the models with white or clear cones, the best sounding. I missed a pair of Mission 751 in a sale and regret it to this day. Cracking speakers. I hope Mission do return to their former glory, as recent models have been a little lacklustre.

Reactions: pete9012s
For the 300 quid I paid for my Mission M35i, they were an absolute bargain. Definitely have a soft spot for Mission. Legacy speakers seem to be the in thing recently, so hopefully there will be more to come. A little closer to affordable would be good though. 👍 must admit, I love the retro look of these .

For the 300 quid I paid for my Mission M35i, they were an absolute bargain. Definitely have a soft spot for Mission. Legacy speakers seem to be the in thing recently, so hopefully there will be more to come. A little closer to affordable would be good though. 👍 must admit, I love the retro look of these .
Yep, must say I like the look and the fact they come with dedicated stands. Up against stiff competition at that price though, however Wharfedales Elysian 2 are nearly five grand......

Gray

If you believe the blurb, they might have the perfect sound for everybody!
(But then all blurb promises that).

Think of the most you'd be prepared to pay for what you want.....then double it.
That's how it works 🙁

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WYNCZqOKY

Great interview. I have an Audiolab Omnia, but sadly, I can't afford to stick the 'new' 770s on the end of it.
Interesting interview. It rather nullifies the idea of best sounding speakers in audio reviews as each brand of speaker offers the listener a different sound signature and is of personal taste which works for you. The only pertinent opinion of a 'best' speaker is to listen to it and others to form your opinion in choosing what you like as opposed to the purple prose written in magazines.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
The Missions are likely for the Eastern market.

Made in UK is still a big thing there.

I can't imagine many here paying this and going for the looks.

(I like many of IAG's products and currently use two)

D

Deleted member 160668

At that price these will be in direct competition to the Harbeth C7XD, which are one amazing pair of speakers. Also a box.

Boxes seem popular. I couldn't live with the bling front on these. Not for me. I'd like to hear a set though...

Gray

Peter C. made the point that people buy with their eyes now. (They always have though).

I like the look, maybe the white is a bit much compared to the old model, but you can always grille-up as many do, in which case they look like a traditional box.

Real shame about the price, but they'll still sell plenty.

Years ago, Rayleigh Hi-fi arranged a factory visit to Cyrus / Mission. It was a very impressive place. Seems like they're trying to get back to that....at least for the premium stuff.

Last edited:

podknocker

I'm getting on, but I never heard the original version. It sounds like these will potentially give studio monitor accuracy and detail etc. I'm not sure they are worth 3 and a half grand, even with the stands and gloves, but I bet they sound superb, in the right conditions. I suspect every part is brand new and not using parts, from current bins etc. The tooling and production costs, must be high, for a new range and of course, UK made, will cost more than made in China. I'd buy a pair, if I had a larger room and deeper pockets. Way out of my price bracket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts