Mission E32

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've seen these speakers for a really good price (I think), they would be paired with a Cambridge Audio 540A V2 amp, whats your views? I predominantly listen to rock music and will be getting a DACMagic soon so will be playing lossless through that!

Regards (Y)

A

Anonymous

Really nice speakers with a very clear sound and very good soundstaging and suprisngly loud for little boxes! The E34s are the real deal, but if space doesn't permit...

T

the record spot

I've seen the E34s for very good money recently; some good reviews online. I like Missions (751s 15 years ago - blisteringly good speakers) and the 733i floorstanders now. Tell me more Hughes...? For £300 they're less than half the price of my current targets the Mezzo 6's...

A

Anonymous

He, he, he...Mission E34s...I think Mission made them especially for me! They were the best speakers at £600, let alone £300! They have lovely driving bass which isn't too heavy, but goes deep, the midrange is nothing short of excellently smooth and the treble sounds like 24ct gold! They are awsome speakers!

However, what strikes you most is the timing...nothing touches them under £600...and the soundstage is magnificent...they would suit any equipment too, because they are very neutral and efficient.

T

the record spot

Are they forward, does the midrange sit out more, or is it a more uniform and even sound? Not sure if I should upgrade my amp first and then the speakers. I've had a better sound with the new CD player, but I'm thinking about alternatives....tricky one!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Are they forward, does the midrange sit out more, or is it a more uniform and even sound? Not sure if I should upgrade my amp first and then the speakers. I've had a better sound with the new CD player, but I'm thinking about alternatives....tricky one!

If I had to go one way or the other, they would be very slightly forward but it's only a bit forward! I had a go with them in the local dealer's demo room which is about 16" by 13" and they were excellent. Your CD player should be easily enough for them and I always liked that amp. They're like a bigger, modern-day, updated version of your old Missions...but better in every regard IMO.

A

Anonymous

I don't want to taint things but I didn't like the E34's at all. Sure the soundstage and scale is there but I found the sound tinny and harsh although I don't think the timing was too bad considering the amount of drivers they have. Anyone any ideas of the original RRP? When I heard them they were £400 and now seem to be £300. The quality of the parts must be pretty poor to get all that in at around this price?

T

the record spot

That's interesting; the only review I found (at Tech Radar from HiFi Choice) said they were good too, but bass could be seen as a little lean - well defined though. That's a slight concern as the SA7001-KI is a little on the lean side too. That's the only thing which would put me off and it was based on only one review. Guess I'd need to hear them really. Might *** in to Hi Fi Corner today...(slippery slope!).

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replies, do you think the E32's would better the MA BR2's for my amp? or be close?

At £99.00 they are so tempting...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts