Micro system as a present??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I'd like to buy my teenage daughter micro hifi system for a xmas present. I have a budget of around £400 for this. I am stuck in the middle east and will have to rely on t'internet for shopping. She downloads a lot of music, so I thought a HDD system would be the best option. I've seen the sony giga juke here, but I was wondering if there were any alternatives to this. If any one has any opinion of the sony unit, or can recommend something else I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks, Don.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Don,

The Gigajuke is good - we gave it a strong, four-star review back in our August issue - but you're paying a premium for the hard-disk aspect of it.

I'm assuming she already has an iPod? If so,my money would be on the sonically superior Onkyo CS515DAB (£300), plus the matching Onkyo DS iPod dock (about £60). Then you're getting DAB radio, CD, and iPod replay of all those downloads - oh, and excellent sound for the money.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much Claire,

Unfortunately she doesn't have an ipod. She did have a 20GB sony mp3 player which just broke. So she has to download music to the pc, and burn cd's to play on a little aiwa system which I wanted to replace for her. An ipod can be arranged however, and I will have a look at your suggestions.

Regards, Don

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts