Micro-LED experience

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Two main reasons why I won't hold my breath on Micro-Led are the same reasons why I loved Plasma and now Oled. The first issue is screen uniformity and the second issue is Blooming. Already with Mini Led you can see big issues with Dirty Screen Effect. With peak brightness getting pushed more and more with nits. I don't see how Micro - Led will be able to deal with blooming. Especially when you consider HDR is often mastered in 4000 ~ 10,000 nits. Consumer TVs will continue to push the nits with Micro-Led and 8k resolution. Adding in the cost value I don't see Oled being replaced easily in the next 7 years.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

Two main reasons why I won't hold my breath on Micro-Led are the same reasons why I loved Plasma and now Oled. The first issue is screen uniformity and the second issue is Blooming. Already with Mini Led you can see big issues with Dirty Screen Effect. With peak brightness getting pushed more and more with nits. I don't see how Micro - Led will be able to deal with blooming. Especially when you consider HDR is often mastered in 4000 ~ 10,000 nits. Consumer TVs will continue to push the nits with Micro-Led and 8k resolution. Adding in the cost value I don't see Oled being replaced easily in the next 7 years.
Agreed. Even Samsung are moving to OLED now….!

abacus

Just because Samsung is buying OLED panels does not mean they are destined for their TV line as they supply screens (Of all sizes and technologies) for all sorts of things. (There also pushing towards MLED which is the electronic equivalent of OLED but as well as giving perfect black levels (No blooming) they also go way brighter with no burn in problems)

Here is an article about MLED https://www.techradar.com/news/micro-led-tv

Bill

Tinman1952

Just because Samsung is buying OLED panels does not mean they are destined for their TV line as they supply screens (Of all sizes and technologies) for all sorts of things. (There also pushing towards MLED which is the electronic equivalent of OLED but as well as giving perfect black levels (No blooming) they also go way brighter with no burn in problems)

Here is an article about MLED https://www.techradar.com/news/micro-led-tv

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts