Michelle Giro

matthewpiano

Steve

Just seen a printed Icon Audio advert in a magazine, which lists amongst some pre-owned equipment 2x Michelle Giro in VGC.

I'm quite sure Icon didn't kidnap Michelle from the dole queue and that they actually have a couple of Michell Gyrodecs available 2nd hand.

Might be worth a look.

Regards

Matthew.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Steve

Just seen a printed Icon Audio advert in a magazine, which lists amongst some pre-owned equipment 2x Michelle Giro in VGC.

I'm quite sure Icon didn't kidnap Michelle from the dole queue and that they actually have a couple of Michell Gyrodecs available 2nd hand.

Might be worth a look.

Regards

Matthew.

Thanks mate.

My Gyro in black is paid for and ordered and they are taking my RP6 in p/ex

They are probably Silver and I really wanted a black one ( ooeeerr )

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:

Poshest DJ ever? "Oh yah, Jason's 'Two Michelles and a Mic' were, like, so totally rad at the hunt ball, isn't it?"

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
matthewpiano said:
Steve

Might be worth a look.

Regards

Matthew.

Thanks mate.

When is this event due ?

I think I missed a few episodes.....:oops:

John Duncan

alchemist 1 said:
stevebrock said:
matthewpiano said:
Steve

Might be worth a look.

Regards

Matthew.

Thanks mate.

When is this event due ?

I think I missed a few episodes.....:oops:

*Spoiler Alert*

I think it was just after Lucy Beale was murdered.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah its been on the cards for a while now, but was stalling - the RP6 does a good job but the Gyro - for starters just look at the damn thing! Build qaulity is stunning and it sounds lovely too!

The RP6 has got me into vinyl big time - but I know the Gyro is going to make it more enjoyable - Im starting off with an RB303 initially, I have an SME IV in my sights - maybe not this year tought - there is an iminent addition to the family!

Nearly a year ago since I had my RP6 platter woes - I was urged to get a refund then for a Gyro but I stuck with it.

I reccomend the RP3/6 to anyone starting off - fantastic decks for the money as are Project.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Yeah its been on the cards for a while now, but was stalling - the RP6 does a good job but the Gyro - for starters just look at the damn thing! Build qaulity is stunning and it sounds lovely too!

The RP6 has got me into vinyl big time - but I know the Gyro is going to make it more enjoyable - Im starting off with an RB303 initially, I have an SME IV in my sights - maybe not this year tought - there is an iminent addition to the family!

Nearly a year ago since I had my RP6 platter woes - I was urged to get a refund then for a Gyro but I stuck with it.

I reccomend the RP3/6 to anyone starting off - fantastic decks for the money as are Project.
I must pay more attention.....:wall:

Yes I'm looking in the michell direction.[as per other thread]

I admit the Project perspex 6 has also caught my eye............:)

When will a report be filed ?...........:type:

matthewpiano

Nice one Steve. Hope you enjoy the Gyro!

I think I've decided to stick with the RP3 long term and just change the cartridge. The majority of my listening is CD based (I generally find it better than vinyl for classical, though love vinyl for rock and folk stuff), so I can't see me going any further up the turntable ladder.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:

I think I've decided to stick with the RP3 long term and just change the cartridge. The majority of my listening is CD based (I generally find it better than vinyl for classical, though love vinyl for rock and folk stuff), so I can't see me going any further up the turntable ladder.

Fair do's - stick with your RP3 its a lovely deck if the majority of your listening is CD - I am the opposite, i hardly ever use my Apollor R/DAC, but I will never sell it as there is the odd occasion that I want to listen to something not on vinyl.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
matthewpiano said:

Fair do's - stick with your RP3 its a lovely deck if the majority of your listening is CD - I am the opposite, i hardly ever use my Apollor R/DAC, but I will never sell it as there is the odd occasion that I want to listen to something not on vinyl.

You know what Steve, I have just read your 'Sig.,' . . . I cant help wondering if an upgrade on the 'Rega Fono' might have given better value? Dont get me wrong, Gyro is a great TT, ex owner of one of the first . . . that was a long time ago? In those days I moved on to the Townsend Rock with all its knobs and whistles of the time. These day, yes I might buy a black Gyro as a work of art as well as a good TT :?

. . . but
To late now I know . . . you still need to look at a good valve phono stage, you are stifling your ST40 . . . ? IMHO :) EAR, Croft, or Icom, as you know I have Icom and I have long term experience of Croft and EAR . . . I'm sure there are other worthy or even better?

CJSF

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CJSF said:
stevebrock said:
matthewpiano said:

You know what Steve, I have just read your 'Sig.,' . . . I cant help wondering if an upgrade on the 'Rega Fono' might have given better value? Dont get me wrong, Gyro is a great TT, ex owner of one of the first . . . that was a long time ago? In those days I moved on to the Townsend Rock with all its knobs and whistles of the time. These day, yes I might buy a black Gyro as a work of art as well as a good TT :? . . . but To late now I know . . . you still need to look at a good valve phono stage, you are stifling your ST40 . . . ? IMHO :) EAR, Croft, or Icom, as you know I have Icom and I have long term experience of Croft and EAR . . . I'm sure there are other worthy or even better? CJSF

Cliff I am on to it already, Keith has given me the heads up on some discounted valve phonos from Icon Audio - a snip at £1500!!!!

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Steve, I would have been surprised if you had not been looking . . . However, with the expense of a new TT and the addition coming soon . . . PS3 is a bit steep? There is the new PS2 (£599.95) I dont know this one, I use the PS1 (£999.00) and am very happy with it, however I believe the EAR 834P might(?) be a better bet:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EAR-834P-PHONO-STAGE-MM-MC-BLACK-/291063184453?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item43c4b7bc45

I certainly want to try one in my system at some time . . . There is something about EAR stuff, it can look almost uninspired visualy, but the thinking of 'Mr Tim . . . ' so often gives EAR kit a magical edge, IMHO?

CJSF

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
What I actually said to Steve was ' why does everything pop up at the wrong time ' , then I told him about the PS3s. However, during this 'all change' process Steve has been going about it the right way instead of diving in at the deep end , as is the wont of many folk on this forum. Therefore until the Gyro is in situ I doubt very much that you will be reading about a new phono turning up at Brock Towers , this will be after extensive dems and lots of ear bending from moi :).

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
floyd droid said:
What I actually said to Steve was ' why does everything pop up at the wrong time ' , then I told him about the PS3s. However, during this 'all change' process Steve has been going about it the right way instead of diving in at the deep end , as is the wont of many folk on this forum. Therefore until the Gyro is in situ I doubt very much that you will be reading about a new phono turning up at Brock Towers , this will be after extensive dems and lots of ear bending from moi :).

. . . ? Mmm, probably Floyd, 'chicken or egg' . . . once the ST40 came along, I'm thinking the solid state Rega Fono is out of its league? In fact the way valve amps are produced these days, with 'no phono stage', if one is into vinyl this scenario is always the possible case?

CJSF

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
I'm thinking the solid state Rega Fono is out of its league?

Oh for sure it is CJ , but it serves a purpose at the minute. Have to say though that I'm not of the belief that a valve phono is the only way to go. There are some very good solid state phonos out there, that at the end of the day Steve may well prefer the overall presentation of.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
floyd droid said:
CJSF said:
I'm thinking the solid state Rega Fono is out of its league?

Oh for sure it is CJ , but it serves a purpose at the minute. Have to say though that I'm not of the belief that a valve phono is the only way to go. There are some very good solid state phonos out there, that at the end of the day Steve may well prefer the overall presentation of.

True Mate , very true . . . but I have to admit, given the choice, I personally would be looking at valves in a phono stage as my first choice to handle the 'tiny signal in the most delicate fashion'. Its the thinking Glen Croft uses, valves in the pre/phono and solid state for the brute force. I believe I have read something similar of Tim De . . . ?

CJSF

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Cliff,

You have to remeber I was very averse to a valve amps initially, but after hearing one that did not matter any more.

In all honesty I really don't want any more valves on my rack especially if they look like the cheaper Icon offering.

Maybe the Dino Mk2 is a contender but I need to be caredful as the Dino is very forward IME.

For the time being I am sticking the the Rega Fono just to see me by until I can have another look.

The Croft could be a possibilty - its just a black box - and not a very pretty one at that - but I could live with it!

All the best!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts