Mezzo 2 distorting??

qaisr01

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
So i recently picked up what i thought was my dream speaker. Did notice the bass seemed to distort especially at one speaker and when pushing it i thought i heard coil rub. So took the woofer out and tried testing it and impeadance was all over the place, realised it was a bit of soot because on the terminal because jt was near a battery fire from original owner. Anyway impedance fine and when outside the box pushing the driver didn't sound like rubbing so i put it back and pushed on the woofer and yes nearly no coil rub which is a good sign but still when bass heavy tracks kick it seems to sound distorted and muddys up at its not super loud volume?

What kills thought these were good. I don't expect huge bass but not distortion?

qaisr01

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Im not going to return them but why could this be distorting, could it just simply be that the speaker cant handle extreme bass or something.

qaisr01

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Possibly crossover issue? As its only when playing some more bassy songs loudly but sound fine when at lower volumes or without too much bass.

TRENDING THREADS