meridian 101/105 help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi mate,

Bit off topic I know. (Oh and I am now the proud owner of a Meridian 562v pre-amp or will be when I collect it on Sunday! Yay!)

I still have the Ikon 6s, they're in the bedroom now! The difference is marked. The Helicon 400 MkII were a big step up from the Ikon 6. They're richer, fuller, deeper. More of everything. But also smoother, so you're not overwhelmed, more enveloped that bit more. They're gorgeous too.

Still experimenting with toe-in, not sure it's been a good idea but will give it a couple of inches toe-in on the front pair and see how it sounds.

The Helicon 800 would be seriously astonishing.

At that price though, you should seriously consider some Sonus Fabor Cremona Ms or Wilson Benesch Curves. Second hand of course. I bought my Dali Helicons through the classifieds of another forum and there are certainly bargains to be had. Best to know where they're coming from though. I always collect and pay cash on collection.

Good luck and let me know how you get on. I think the Helicon 800 MkII would go very well with the Arcam AVR600. Peter Moncrief who reviewed it (at gobsmacking length) used B&W802Ds all round and if it can drive them, then the 800s should be golden.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts