Hi, I've recently bought a Marantz PM5005 and a pair of Dali Zensor 3 and I'm planning on buying a turntable but first I thought I'd buy something that is able to play the big collection I have of FLAC files through a USB Hard Drive or something.

I've been looking at several options, Pioneer N-P01, Fiio X1 etc

Any recommendations for a solid and good value for money option to plug into my current setup?

Thanks

Hugo Larcher said:
Hi, I've recently bought a Marantz PM5005 and a pair of Dali Zensor 3 and I'm planning on buying a turntable but first I thought I'd buy something that is able to play the big collection I have of FLAC files through a USB Hard Drive or something.

I've been looking at several options, Pioneer N-P01, Fiio X1 etc

Any recommendations for a solid and good value for money option to plug into my current setup?

Thanks

If you can afford it then the Fiio X3 would be my suggestion. Brilliant little bit of kit and a step up from the X1.

paulkebab said:
how many files you have? I think the Fiio is limited to a 128Gb SD card.

You are correct the Fiio X3 only has one MicroSD slot that accepts 128Gb, you can fit an awful lot of flac files on this. If you have more, or hires as I do, you simply by more cards and split your collection by genre or something like that.

I have enough to fill 2 or 3 cards I believe, which is not a problem... my only concern is that I'll be missing out on quallity if I don't go for something like the Pioneer, the other features (spotify etc) I really don't care much about, its just a question of "will I get a similar quality for half the price?"

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Larcher said:
I have enough to fill 2 or 3 cards I believe, which is not a problem... my only concern is that I'll be missing out on quallity if I don't go for something like the Pioneer, the other features (spotify etc) I really don't care much about, its just a question of "will I get a similar quality for half the price?"

I doubt you could tell the difference if you couldn't see what was doing the playing.

Jota180 said:
Hugo Larcher said:

I doubt you could tell the difference if you couldn't see what was doing the playing.

+1

Sound quality will be very similar. You have to decide if you want the usual streamer half-system or the added bonus of portability. I cannot help with that one. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts