Media Monkey users and importing metadata for FLAC files when MM does not know the disc.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all.

Does anybody know if it is possible to import CD metadata when you rip via Media Monkey and MM cannot find the CD on it's database.

I have many classical discs that iTunes can tag from the Gracenote DB but MM can't from it's database. I want to import to FLAC format which of course iTunes does not support.

Also had a look at the trial version of J.River media centre software with the same problem as Media Monkey.

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You could try a trial version of dbPoweramp direct, it now uses several sources for metadata, so might have more luck matching the CD in the first place. It does expire after 21 days though, costs $36 I think.

A

Anonymous

Thanks the_lhc.

Sounds like dbPoweramp is the way to go. I will, as you suggest, try the trial version and if it does the business $36 is not a bad price.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
sillyoldman:Thanks the_lhc.
Sounds like dbPoweramp is the way to go. I will, as you suggest, try the trial version and if it does the business $36 is not a bad price.

Yeah I coughed up the dough this weekend after mine expired, after that it actually got the album art as well, which it hadn't managed to do previously, which is nice. Saves me the job of hacking it with mp3tag (which is a very good tagging app incidentally).

A

Anonymous

emotion-21.gif
dBPoweramp is excellent. Thanks for the steer.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
sillyoldman:
emotion-21.gif
dBPoweramp is excellent. Thanks for the steer.

No worries. Just out of curiosity, have you compared the playback quality between dbPoweramp and MediaMonkey? I've never listened to the playback of dbPowerAmp r13 but I compared R12 (or might have been 11) to MediaMonkey and MM was distinctly better to listen to. However for ripping I just preferred the dbPA interface, MM's a bit big and clunky for my old PC.

A

Anonymous

No I didn't sorry, and I uninstalled MM last night. Found the interface a bit too busy.

dBPoweramp in contrast maybe looks a bit old fashioned GUI wise, but its a breeze to use. Also I had a few drop outs in the past importing via iTunes but the same tracks imported with dBPower amp are spot on.

For playing I am actually using Foobar 2000. Again I find it a really simple interface to use and very configurable. Sad I know but I'm loving watching the spectrum and VU metre panes!

TRENDING THREADS