(Maybe) Stupid Question Time!

paulyboy233

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I am an avid Spotify user, mainly through my Sonos Connect. I have thought to purchase a Play:3 for the bedroom so that i can use it up there through my iphone 5.

I think £249 is a big chunk of cash, and so i have been looking around for a docking system (considerably less cost).

Will these docking systems output Spotify when my phone is connected? I have always thought they would only play music which is stored on the phone.

All answers (even sarcastic) appreciated.

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
A halfway house solution would be a bluetooth device. I've reviewed a number for a small publication and was very taken with the Roth DBT-001, which at £100 is considerably lower cost than its competitors and sounded pretty darned good. Size wise it would be good for a bedroom as well. It includes radio, which you may feel you don't need. So maybe look at pure bluetooth speakers, of which there are many new options.

I streamed Spotify to it from my iPhone and iPad, so no problem there. And being bluetooth it isn't reliant on your home network, which helps a bit. I don't have any connection with Roth by the way :)

I have to say I'd take a deep breath and stump up for a Play3 though - the Sonos solution is very elegant.

paulyboy233

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. So after a bit of a think, it was always going to be the Sonos! I bought one on Saturday and I love it. Yes, a tad pricey, but for simple set-up, ease of use, and magnificent sound (for a box of its size), I feel it is hard to beat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts