Matching surround speakers with EB Acoustics EB1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing the EB1's though am worried about matching to a centre and surround speakers further down the line. Could anyone suggest a centre around £300 and surrounds at a similar price?

I'll be using them with a Denon av1910 initially.

Or - with a focus on music - would I be better looking at a B&W 685 surround system or a similar route around this £1,200 budget?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Martyn

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
MartynBaker1,

In a home cinema system, it is vital that the front three channels (Left, Centre & Right) are matched tonally to ensure that a cohesive soundstage is achieved.

I would therefore caution you in going down the EB1 route, in the absence of a matched centre speaker. It isn't going to happen any time soon either as Rick (the creator of EB1/2), by his own admission, hates A/V - I have asked!

For a budget of £1200.00, the B&W 685 would be brilliant for both movies and music. Saying that, the Denon AVR-2310 would be a better choice of amp to ensure that the full potential of this system is exploited. It is now available for less than £500.00 and would be a significant improvement over the Denon AVR-1910 for not much more money.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Cheers Guys,

I think I'm going to take your advice on the 685 theater and get an audition organised!

Martyn

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts