Massive increase in the price of Sony Ps3 remotes!

Thomassteele

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the massive increase in the price of Sony ps3 remotes, I bought one for my brothers birtday at the begining of December from Play.com for £15.99 and now a month later they are selling them for £34.99, now thats what you call inflation!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They've soared in price in a few places (Amazon included) recently - could be part of Sony's 2009 price rises, or merely retailers trying to recoup some money from accessories.

However, Game has the PS3 remote control in stock for under £18.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
You may be lucky to find them at Argos - my local ones (including Argos Extra) have been out of stock for weeks!

I saw one in GameStation a month or so ago for £18. 'Wish I'd bought it then as it was gone a few days later, and I couldn't find one in Game, HMV, Zavvi, Argos, Woolworths (!), or Amazon. The ones on Amazon for £40 are not being sold be Amazon, as they seem to have been out of stock for weeks.

Either more PS3 owners have been buying Blu-rays, or as a result of Sony bundling the remote with the PS3, but there does seem to be a shortage at present, and some dealers are cashing in!

But you're right about Game's website - I've just ordered for £15.11 (including Reward points discount)! Thanks!

emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts